Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:50 PM

42 posts, read 115,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by εsα ℓιℓ ℓα∂ч τяαvιεs View Post
Hi everyone.
i came to this because my step mom wants to move to north dakota
and i want to know what it is like there and how it is for teens.
i live in between cali and mexico so ive been round gangs and drugs and all of that.
i just want to know if its like that there and if its a good place to grow up. Please answer as soon as possible thanks and have a good day. Oh and also is there alot of hispanics there.
Probably going to fewer hispanics with all the new border patrol agents.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 12:46 AM

231 posts, read 736,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by εsα ℓιℓ ℓα∂ч τяαvιεs View Post
Oh and also is there alot of hispanics there.
Your best advice is to not attempt to congregate based purely on nationality. Doing that is asking for problems. As a generality that is strikingly accurate, nearly all of the "gang" activity here is Mexican, Arabic, and marginally African.

My guess is that these (gang-forming) people are merely interested in having numbers, not similar interests. Among people who gather purely for "community", the common problems that arise are drugs and alcohol. These people don't have anything else in common. They're "uniting" against everyone and putting on an act of victimization. This is the most visible among the Bosnians who refuse to learn English.

The best way to avoid this problem is to seek companionship with people who legitimately share your interests. "We should stick together because we're all white/black/red/green" is a recipe for disaster, it creates an "us vs them" mentality.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:27 PM

8 posts, read 50,950 times
Default Prison gangs in Fargo

I have been offered a job position that requries me to move to Fargo from Devils Lake, while looking up videos on Fargo I came across a video on youtube titled "Fargo Gangs" it shows number of Native American, African-American gangs and some prison gangs here in North Dakota that I didnt even know existed, I am a little distrurbed by the fact that these violent gangs from other states are now infiltrating our state and prison system, has anyone contacted the police about these gangs in that video?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM

231 posts, read 736,957 times
Did anyone ever tell you to not believe everything you see on the internet?

Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM

114 posts, read 90,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_ride View Post
right on, the drinking around here is really ridiculous, for young and old alike, in FM as well as the smaller towns in ND and west central MN. i would avoid walking in or near downtown fargo on certain nights because MANY "responsible adults" drive around completely hammered! and don't even get me started on the college crowd. i've had more than a few near misses. getting a DWI is considered a rite of passage by an alarming number of people. if i had kids, i'd honestly rather have them smoking pot than getting into the fargo drinking scene.

but teens will be teens, and if they want to drink you're going to have a hard time stopping them. educate them on the consequences. if they are smart kids, they'll do great in fargo. in many ways it is the perfect place to raise a family.
wow talk about overreaction. you make it seem like every single person in fargo drinks and when they do they binge drink. give me a break. the police crack down on drinking and driving here pretty good. it is true that there's underage drinking but please name me a place where that dosnt exist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo