Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 05:25 PM

105 posts, read 119,091 times

Advertisements

With all of the wardrobe malfunctions that happen it really amazes me that so many female celebs for whatever reason don't wear underwear. How many have had their crotch or breasts gotten pictures of while getting out of a car or while dancing or doing a performance or what have you? I would think this would make them more conscious of it yet it doesn't seem to stop them.

I am just curious why knowing how many cameras and video recording devices people bring whenever they are around especially to big events why so many don't wear bras and panties considering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 05:30 PM

7,119 posts, read 4,838,256 times
Pretty sure that's by design. They want it to happen. Publicity, ya know?

Old 05-02-2016, 05:41 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,012,000 times
I am not a woman but the obvious answer is that the undergarments disrupt the smooth appearance of a dress. (Back in the day, when women wore slips, this was not an issue.)

Old 05-02-2016, 05:43 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
You would have to ask the female celebrities who do not wear unders if they are allergic.
Many real women do not have the same allergy.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:58 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,861 times
Honestly, because sometimes undies and bras get in the way.

This isn't usually an issue for men, who (in general) wear looser clothing than women.

Finding the perfect skin-colored thong to wear under your tight white pants is a pain. Getting a seamless look in your dress can be tough, even with the "best" and most expensive seamless underwear.

Hiding bra straps in tricky dresses or tops sucks.

That said, I always wear undergarments. I know how tough it is to find undies and bras that work with my "normal person" clothes sometimes, though, and I've probably gone out with visible lines. For someone who wears daring ensembles and who is photographed from every single angle at totally unexpected moments, though, I could understand why it would be easier to say "Screw it!!" and go sans panties or bra for an event. If I were in that situation, I would be super careful not to flash anything, but that's easy to say when I'm not the one who is followed around 24/7.

Instead of the question that the OP asked, maybe a question should be asked about why the paparazzi are constantly obsessed with catching these shots. Celebs are danged if they do and danged if they don't....if someone catches a teeny thong line on their lower back or a tiny glimpse of a bra strap, they're going to go nuts in the media. If they catch shots of anything that isn't covered, though....damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I'm just glad I don't have people following me around with a camera 24/7, snapping pics and vids from every angle.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:08 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,302,883 times
Well remember that these things exist as an option for ladies who want to be as minimalist as possible but still avoid accidentally flashing the paparazzi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOETZRCOpiQ

Old 05-02-2016, 10:10 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,196,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
I am not a woman but the obvious answer is that the undergarments disrupt the smooth appearance of a dress. (Back in the day, when women wore slips, this was not an issue.)
This is one reason possibly. The actress Jennifer Tilly mentioned that when filming Seed of Chucky, she was not wearing underwear because she thought it would add bulk to the dress she was wearing. Though she mentioned it was awkward when she tripped and her dress went up. lol

And, this may be TMI, but some people don't wear underwear because they may sweat, or get really hot down there, and it can cause itching. So they just stick with 1 layer down there, which is pants or skirts / dresses.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:32 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,702,559 times
If I am saying it nicely, they have a flashing gene and their audience pays for it.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,933,385 times
Women I have gone out with did it for two reasons, usually because of the weather, and somewhat for the panty line thing. Mostly though, when it is hot and sticky outside, they feel better au natural.

I date only those over 50 BTW. It's not just a young women's thing.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
It is not just celebrities, some regular women do it too. Perhaps to feel sexy or to excite their man. One of my ex GF's would tell me, while we were at a club, "Honey, I forgot to wear my underwear tonight !" Gotta love a woman who knows what a guy likes !!

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty