Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 06:41 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,942,448 times

Advertisements

I have a strange questions for any one that may know. Does anyone on the forum, or do you know someone that gets health insurance through their work? I'm curious to know what the monthly premiums are. Here in NV, my husband works at the hospital and for he and myself it's $350.00 per month and we still have copays, deductibles, prescriptions to pay. In CA for the same coverage we paid $80.00 per month for the 2 of us.
I'd like to find out how the benefits are there for the working class. Thanks in advance.
From what I've heard there seems to be jobs there compared to other places. I think our unemployment rate here is like 11%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 07:06 AM

999 posts, read 1,243,275 times
It definitely varies company to company. Also, depending on how long ago you lived in California, the $80 you paid may have gone up; as most everyone's monthly and copays have gone up the last few years.

My previous companies were both based in the Northeast (old, large manufacturing companies), and they both had significantly better benefits than the company I work for now (based in AR). If you / your profession is in demand, and you have several job offers, oftentimes HR can provide estimated costs for health care. But if you're just looking for any job and they have many candidates to choose from, it may be more difficult to get the information.
You can also try online business review sites like "glass door", etc.

Oh ... As a single person at my company I pay about $50 a month. But I also have to pay $300 before the 80/20 kicks-in (for non routine). Also co pays of $30 for office visits. The drug copays are also a lot more than at my previous companies.

Last edited by Regajohn; 09-20-2014 at 07:16 AM..

Old 09-20-2014, 11:40 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,942,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
It definitely varies company to company. Also, depending on how long ago you lived in California, the $80 you paid may have gone up; as most everyone's monthly and copays have gone up the last few years.

My previous companies were both based in the Northeast (old, large manufacturing companies), and they both had significantly better benefits than the company I work for now (based in AR). If you / your profession is in demand, and you have several job offers, oftentimes HR can provide estimated costs for health care. But if you're just looking for any job and they have many candidates to choose from, it may be more difficult to get the information.
You can also try online business review sites like "glass door", etc.

Oh ... As a single person at my company I pay about $50 a month. But I also have to pay $300 before the 80/20 kicks-in (for non routine). Also co pays of $30 for office visits. The drug copays are also a lot more than at my previous companies.
Thanks, Regajohn! Your $50 is a lot better then our $172.00 per month for 1 person. And that also has a deductible and copays. You would think being that it's a healthcare business, hospital, they would get better benefits. I guess it doesn't make any difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers