Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:53 PM

10 posts, read 32,975 times

Advertisements

Hello folks,

I am reaching out because I got a job offer at a firm in Fayetville, AR and having lived in major cities such as Los Angeles and Denver, CO, I am not sure what to expect in Fayetville. To be perfectly honest, I never thought I would consider an offer in Arkansas but the position is very good and its made me reconsider. It was also a surprise realizing that Fayetville, AR was rated in the top 5 cities to live in list! How awesome is that.

I have a wife who is a software engineer who is now also looking for a job in the NWA area because of the opportunity I have received. We also have a two month old baby, so we would like to know :

1. What is the social scene regarding the Asian Indian Community like in Fayetville and/or Bentonville? Are there many asian Indians there at all?
2. Do most asian Indians live in Bentonville or Fayetville?
3. What is a better City to raise a newborn in - Fayetville or Bentonville?
4. I am not really considering the Rogers or Springfield areas for living. Which of the two areas between Fayetville or Bentonville would be recommended for a young family like ours?
5. Are there upcoming modern restaurants popping up more in Bentonville than Fayetville?
6. Which of the two Cities is considered more 'affluent' to live in?

Thanks a bunch for any inputs you may have to offer!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 04:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradomover View Post
Hello folks,

I am reaching out because I got a job offer at a firm in Fayetville, AR and having lived in major cities such as Los Angeles and Denver, CO, I am not sure what to expect in Fayetville. To be perfectly honest, I never thought I would consider an offer in Arkansas but the position is very good and its made me reconsider. It was also a surprise realizing that Fayetville, AR was rated in the top 5 cities to live in list! How awesome is that.

I have a wife who is a software engineer who is now also looking for a job in the NWA area because of the opportunity I have received. We also have a two month old baby, so we would like to know :

1. What is the social scene regarding the Asian Indian Community like in Fayetville and/or Bentonville? Are there many asian Indians there at all?
2. Do most asian Indians live in Bentonville or Fayetville?
3. What is a better City to raise a newborn in - Fayetville or Bentonville?
4. I am not really considering the Rogers or Springfield areas for living. Which of the two areas between Fayetville or Bentonville would be recommended for a young family like ours?
5. Are there upcoming modern restaurants popping up more in Bentonville than Fayetville?
6. Which of the two Cities is considered more 'affluent' to live in?

Thanks a bunch for any inputs you may have to offer!!
I see you have posted a new thread. This should help you with your questions. As for Fayetteville versus Bentonville, it probably makes little difference which you choose. Bentonville of course in home to WalMart and other companies that employ a lot of Asian Indians. But I am sure you will find FAyetteville a good fi as well.

Best place to raise your family? Both are fine, and may I ask why you are not considering Rogers? Some of the Rogers area has great family communities and outstanding schools, just like Fayetteville and Bentonville. I understand why Springdale may not excite you.

Yes, there are great and very interesting restaurants all over the area,, with new ones popping up all the time. Of course when new ones open, often we see some of the old ones close. It is fun to see how many Ethnic choices people have now. There is no which is better, by the way.

As for which is considered more affluent, I don't think that can be judged honestly by any of us here. Both cities have fantastic family neighborhoods and yes, both have affluent areas. I would be more inclined to find the job and then the home. Depending on the situation and how much time you want to spend on the road, might be something to consider. That you will have to judge for yourself. After living in the Los Angeles area though, you will be amazed at how little traffic we have here. Rush hour is from about 4pm to maybe 6pm and 7:30 am to 8:30am.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:19 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,529,453 times
If you come here for an exploratory visit, be sure to drop by the popular Khana Grill in north Fayetteville and introduce yourself to the very friendly owner Abhijeet Purkayastha. He was born and raised in India and is highly active in the local community while maintaining strong connections with his childhood home; his wife Lisa is I believe a native Texan.

If you can catch him on the rare occasion when he's not so busy, I'm sure he'll be happy to give you a few pointers re Asian Indian presence in NWA. If you don't catch him, there are often other family members around and the restaurant has great food, cocktails, and a cheerful, casual ambience.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I see you have posted a new thread. This should help you with your questions. As for Fayetteville versus Bentonville, it probably makes little difference which you choose. Bentonville of course in home to WalMart and other companies that employ a lot of Asian Indians. But I am sure you will find FAyetteville a good fi as well.

Best place to raise your family? Both are fine, and may I ask why you are not considering Rogers? Some of the Rogers area has great family communities and outstanding schools, just like Fayetteville and Bentonville. I understand why Springdale may not excite you.

Yes, there are great and very interesting restaurants all over the area,, with new ones popping up all the time. Of course when new ones open, often we see some of the old ones close. It is fun to see how many Ethnic choices people have now. There is no which is better, by the way.

As for which is considered more affluent, I don't think that can be judged honestly by any of us here. Both cities have fantastic family neighborhoods and yes, both have affluent areas. I would be more inclined to find the job and then the home. Depending on the situation and how much time you want to spend on the road, might be something to consider. That you will have to judge for yourself. After living in the Los Angeles area though, you will be amazed at how little traffic we have here. Rush hour is from about 4pm to maybe 6pm and 7:30 am to 8:30am.
Thanks a lot for the great detailed response! I will check out Rogers for sure. I didn't realize that Rogers was a place with family communities. Great to hear about ethnic choices when it comes to food. I am planning to visit once and check the area out. Then maybe I will live three months in Fayetville then three in Bentonville before getting a house. Any idea when the I-49 expansion is supposed to end? Thanks again!

Old 07-02-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If you come here for an exploratory visit, be sure to drop by the popular Khana Grill in north Fayetteville and introduce yourself to the very friendly owner Abhijeet Purkayastha. He was born and raised in India and is highly active in the local community while maintaining strong connections with his childhood home; his wife Lisa is I believe a native Texan.

If you can catch him on the rare occasion when he's not so busy, I'm sure he'll be happy to give you a few pointers re Asian Indian presence in NWA. If you don't catch him, there are often other family members around and the restaurant has great food, cocktails, and a cheerful, casual ambience.
I will be sure to check out Khana Grill! Read some great reviews about the place. However, it seems that most of the asian Indian population (Certainly the grocery store and most indian restaurants) seem to be concentrated in the Bentonville area. I think I might do an exploratory visit and spend a day each in Fayetville and Bentonville - no better way to see whats right. How is the I-49 construction going on? Does it delay a lot of the traffic? When does the construction end?

Old 07-03-2017, 01:16 PM

39 posts, read 82,468 times
Northwest Arkansas has a sizable Indian American (Asian American) population. You will find few in UofA faculty. There are many in Bentonville who work for Walmart and its vendors.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenstien View Post
Have you ever been to the 711
There was no need for this sarcastic comment...you didn't add anything intelligent to the discussion. IF this was a snide remark against Indians owning or working in 711s, I will ask you to keep focusing on mocking us as a group, but we will press on, work even harder and become even more successful against this type of negativity...

If you are my friend, I will be a ten times greater friend to you...if my enemy, I will be a 100 times worse. I have met a lot of good people here in the US, and racist comments like the one you made goes against what this great nation stands for. Note that Google and Microsoft's CEO are Indians...just like the ones that work in 711..

Old 07-03-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dil'se View Post
Northwest Arkansas has a sizable Indian American (Asian American) population. You will find few in UofA faculty. There are many in Bentonville who work for Walmart and its vendors.
Ok great...thanks a bunch!

Old 11-09-2019, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,292 times
Hello Friends,

I'm planning to make a move from busy DC metro area to take a opportunity at JB HUNT.
Could you please share your experience with your move.

Im looking for some experience around:
1. Good school district for my 4th grader
2. Good Indian community around. Initially will be renting but eventually in 5-6 months would like to buy a single family home. So hoping to get advice on nice locality
3. we were quite social in DC area with lots of Indian festival celebrations and activities

Appreciate if you can share any of your experience.

Thank you.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:29 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,725 times
my wife has a few friends who all live near a hindu temple in bentonville. I have a friend who is christian indian who also lives near the temple just to be near other Indians.

I've heard that there are 1 or 2 developments that are almost all Indian. It would be nice if folks didn't concentrate themselves into a single community. Spread around and integrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers