Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,862,528 times

Advertisements

Wife and I are considering visiting NWA the later part of Oct. and wondered if there would be any Fall colors? She is disabled and we would be driving most places. If there is a site to track the colors, I would appreciate being directed to it. Also, would staying in Fayetteville be a good "base camp" for 3 days. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 04:59 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Yes, there should be lots of fall colors in late October, just be sure to travel outside of the city to see the best of it.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Wife and I are considering visiting NWA the later part of Oct. and wondered if there would be any Fall colors? She is disabled and we would be driving most places. If there is a site to track the colors, I would appreciate being directed to it. Also, would staying in Fayetteville be a good "base camp" for 3 days. Thank you!
Generally the peak season for foliage is the last week of Oct, take of give a few days. We start seeing the colors about Oct 20th and the last of the leaves will fall about the second week of November. Yes, staying in Fayetteville is a good base, but first check and see if that is when "Bikes, Blues and Bar b Cues" is this year. I can't remember exactly when it is, but know it is Oct. You won't want to be anywhere near Fayetteville at that time.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Generally the peak season for foliage is the last week of Oct, take of give a few days. We start seeing the colors about Oct 20th and the last of the leaves will fall about the second week of November. Yes, staying in Fayetteville is a good base, but first check and see if that is when "Bikes, Blues and Bar b Cues" is this year. I can't remember exactly when it is, but know it is Oct. You won't want to be anywhere near Fayetteville at that time.
Thanks for this advice. I just checked and it is the last part of Sept. so that should not be a problem. We might spend a night in Siloam Springs as I have a friend there and been curious about the place. Eureka Springs seems rather touristy and expensive so not sure if I would want to stay there. Thanks again!

Old 09-16-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Thanks for this advice. I just checked and it is the last part of Sept. so that should not be a problem. We might spend a night in Siloam Springs as I have a friend there and been curious about the place. Eureka Springs seems rather touristy and expensive so not sure if I would want to stay there. Thanks again!
I couldn't remember exactly when it was but knew it was coming up soon. It is a great 3 day event, brings a lot of money to NWA and of course Fayetteville and there are some awesome bikes all over the region, but it is really a pain for some of the Fayetteville and surrounding area. Of course it is noisy, there is a fair amount of drinking as you can imagine and the businesses are packed, not only in Fayetteville but throughout the area including So MO. The good news, they bikers donate a lot of money to charity.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:11 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
We're heading back up there next month to see the colors! Absolutely beautiful. Inching closer to calling Arkansas home!!!

Old 09-17-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
We're heading back up there next month to see the colors! Absolutely beautiful. Inching closer to calling Arkansas home!!!
We will welcome you. Keep us posted. l

Old 09-17-2019, 01:01 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,758,762 times
Drive down into Devil's Den State Park...it should be gorgeous in the fall...it was even gorgeous in December!

Old 09-21-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Drive down into Devil's Den State Park...it should be gorgeous in the fall...it was even gorgeous in December!
I just made reservations for a cabin at Devil's Den . Thanks for the tip.

Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 AM

490 posts, read 1,267,089 times
It has been so dry here the last couple of months that the trees are starting to turn now. I'm afraid that we will not have very good fall colors this year unless we get them about a month early which would be OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers