Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 01:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Harps is great for short trips if you are close to it, but the Jane Walmart pickup is the main source for food and stuff. (whoever thought of this pickup service should get a medal).
We do not use the pick up but friends do. We use order and pick up at Sams all the time. We save money cause we are not tempted to buy things just because they look good or the demo person makes us feel we should. We also save so much time. I agree who would have thought 20 years ago we would order food on line and pick it up after someone else packs it for us or who would have thought when we shop inside we would do our own checkout?
As for Harps, we too use them more for quick run ins or some of their specials. Their produce is way over pried when not on sale, but outstanding quality.

Loveswater_outdoors: they have good meat but Sam's and Fresh market have better I think, but their fish choices are fantastic or around here. WE are not Whole foods shoppers but I will venture to Fresh Market about once every few weeks for just a few items that are on sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
My experience in Fayetteville with Harp's, at 2 locations, has been just ~ugh~. The stores, the service, the selection, the prices, just ~ugh~.

We're making do ok with Walmart, Sam's, and Aldi's, though. No complaints.
I know you do not live in the northern part of NWA. I am guessing you have never been to the Harps on Walnut in north Bentonville or the new one that is only a couple of weeks old in Bella vista. They have a complete fresh fish section. excellent service and a nice variety of merchandise, but you are right for some things the selection is minimum. We will be shopping there more now that they are open, but it will never be our go to store. I will add, they have a very good wine selection

Old 10-12-2019, 07:00 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
My experience in Fayetteville with Harp's, at 2 locations, has been just ~ugh~. The stores, the service, the selection, the prices, just ~ugh~.

We're making do ok with Walmart, Sam's, and Aldi's, though. No complaints.
They tend to be very hit and miss. I've been in some that were very nice and others that were pretty bad. It is odd how much they vary just in the northwest arkansas region.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
They tend to be very hit and miss. I've been in some that were very nice and others that were pretty bad. It is odd how much they vary just in the northwest arkansas region.
It is weird but I am thinking they are trying to upgrade them all just from what I have seen. Our new one was really bad before it closed for 3 months or longer for remodeling. There is also one in Bentonville that we love but the one in Gravette is terrible.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:26 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,400,038 times
Well, since I was in the harp’s in heber springs today, thought I would report. Nice store, helpful and friendly employees and great deli! I will go back.

Old 10-12-2019, 06:34 PM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is weird but I am thinking they are trying to upgrade them all just from what I have seen. Our new one was really bad before it closed for 3 months or longer for remodeling. There is also one in Bentonville that we love but the one in Gravette is terrible.
This is what I've seen too. When I lived in East Springdale (ugh), the one on the east side across from the neighborhood market on 412 had meat with green mold growing on it. No lie. I quickly left that store in disgust. The Harps in Springdale on 412 WEST closer to I-49 is VERY nice though, maybe the best in NWA. So you can literally have good and bad ones in the same city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers