Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 12:53 PM

38 posts, read 35,705 times

Advertisements

True or False?

The Best Places to Live for Singles Now | Money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
I think most of us take these studies with a grain of salt, but they do give up bragging rights for awhile and Fayetteville plus other cities in the region have been tagged as great places to live for many reasons over the past 10 or so years.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:24 AM

90 posts, read 94,003 times
My thoughts (as a 'more seasoned' single gal) are mostly the same on all these types of articles, they use a lot of college towns, and places to eat/drink/be merry...being three times the age of most college graduates and not the least bit interested in popular watering holes, but in a quieter and more local flavor type of lifestyle and a smaller area in which to roam, I (and most likely many older folks) prefer the feeling I got while staying in Bella Vista and Bentonville this past year...especially Bella Vista. I basically didn't want to leave after 5 days of just hanging out, touring around the two towns, and just letting the flavor of the local places soak in. In fact, I liked it so much, I think a plan might be on the agenda for a final move (meaning, last time, ever) some time in the coming new year.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky view trail View Post
My thoughts (as a 'more seasoned' single gal) are mostly the same on all these types of articles, they use a lot of college towns, and places to eat/drink/be merry...being three times the age of most college graduates and not the least bit interested in popular watering holes, but in a quieter and more local flavor type of lifestyle and a smaller area in which to roam, I (and most likely many older folks) prefer the feeling I got while staying in Bella Vista and Bentonville this past year...especially Bella Vista. I basically didn't want to leave after 5 days of just hanging out, touring around the two towns, and just letting the flavor of the local places soak in. In fact, I liked it so much, I think a plan might be on the agenda for a final move (meaning, last time, ever) some time in the coming new year.
You would probably be an asset to BV and yes, it could very well be your forever home. I know we felt that way after we moved here. Well it almost had to be our last home because of our age. We are so glad we have had a chance to live so many places before we settled here. We know we have had the best of many worlds in our life time and this has been, even with some, not so perfect experiences here, our gold mine.I do not mean money wise, but happy wise. Of course every community has some negatives and yes BV does.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
.....and yes, it could very well be your forever home. I know we felt that way after we moved here....We are so glad we have had a chance to live so many places before we settled here. We know we have had the best of many worlds in our life time and this has been, even with some, not so perfect experiences here, our gold mine. I do not mean money wise, but happy wise. Of course every community has some negatives and yes BV does.
Nita, I liked the way you put that: "we have had the best of many worlds in our lifetime" because that is exactly the way I feel. Having traveled my entire life, & even though I'm a mere child of 68, I've probably lived twice as many lifetimes as most, it has never ever been dull & I keep saying "I am so ready for a little peace" in the final phase of all those lifetimes....so the feeling I got in Bella Vista was a little like "coming home" then a series of coincidences (are there really such things?!) has driven this point home again & again since last spring.

Haven't been to Fayetteville yet but I think it'd be lots of fun to visit & take part in some of the things going on there, & perhaps catch a dose of that younger vibe, but I think BV for living & B'ville for everyday kinds of living & shopping is fine. I've always been involved in my community wherever I've gone, (most people think I am 10-15 years younger than I am) so perhaps down the road I could be that kind of an asset of which you speak. Am already part of a very active RV community (2) & I host national rallies & other regional events so showing off this whole area would be such a joy!

Part of that "coincidence" of which I speak was that our national brand RV club hosted a lovely 21 day motorcade, visiting, staying in BV & seeing many of the sights in the area. I then found other club members living in Hot Springs, HSV, & all over SW Missouri & all thru OK.

Many more reasons, but I'd better stop now before I get a ticket for being a non-stop blabber beak!!

Old 12-08-2019, 04:29 AM

we have friends who live here who belong to an RV club, more than one friend as a matter of fact. We also have friends who belong to a motorbike club and the pastor of our church drives his bike to church all week.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:53 AM

[quote=nmnita;56812775]we have friends who live here who belong to an RV club, more than one friend as a matter of fact./QUOTE]

Nita, that's great about the local RV people, I'll be down again in early May, (in the car) on the way back from a rally in GA, (my RV is winterized til mid May) & again in mid June (in the RV) after our chapter rally at Grove, Oklahoma. Will stay at a B & B in May & at an RV park in June...gotta check off a long list of items for re-locating. If weather concurs, a little trip or two down this winter might work too. I'm sure it's a great area for RV'in, gotta find storage, RV parks & stores, shop for repairs if needed, etc. My RV friends are in HSV and Hot Springs mostly. Our motor home brand is not a common one so finding that these great friends are so happy in Arkansas is such a lovely surprise!

I'm also looking into the BV Ambassadors for info down the road. And somehow I was lucky enough to get into the BV Neighborhood group on Facebook, I'm definitely going to be there and I told them I'd stayed at the Greens II this past year, so I think maybe they considered that in granting me permission to get into the group. Great posts so far, nice people, lots of online info, going to subscribe to the paper soon.

Thanks so much for your positive feedback and anything else that might be necessary for more info! Maybe I am highjacking this Fayetteville thread, (?) so I might end up starting a new one soon with a few other questions!

Old 12-09-2019, 04:28 AM

[quote=sky view trail;56815084]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
we have friends who live here who belong to an RV club, more than one friend as a matter of fact./QUOTE]

Nita, that's great about the local RV people, I'll be down again in early May, (in the car) on the way back from a rally in GA, (my RV is winterized til mid May) & again in mid June (in the RV) after our chapter rally at Grove, Oklahoma. Will stay at a B & B in May & at an RV park in June...gotta check off a long list of items for re-locating. If weather concurs, a little trip or two down this winter might work too. I'm sure it's a great area for RV'in, gotta find storage, RV parks & stores, shop for repairs if needed, etc. My RV friends are in HSV and Hot Springs mostly. Our motor home brand is not a common one so finding that these great friends are so happy in Arkansas is such a lovely surprise!

I'm also looking into the BV Ambassadors for info down the road. And somehow I was lucky enough to get into the BV Neighborhood group on Facebook, I'm definitely going to be there and I told them I'd stayed at the Greens II this past year, so I think maybe they considered that in granting me permission to get into the group. Great posts so far, nice people, lots of online info, going to subscribe to the paper soon.

Thanks so much for your positive feedback and anything else that might be necessary for more info! Maybe I am highjacking this Fayetteville thread, (?) so I might end up starting a new one soon with a few other questions!
Glad you found the Ambassadors group. It is a great way to really learn about BV. 2 couples we know, one from church and one from bridge take part in the hospitality. In fact they have helped a few couples decide to move here. Just keep in touch on your progress as we get into spring.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:17 AM

[quote=nmnita;56819286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky view trail View Post

Glad you found the Ambassadors group. It is a great way to really learn about BV. 2 couples we know, one from church and one from bridge take part in the hospitality. In fact they have helped a few couples decide to move here. Just keep in touch on your progress as we get into spring.
Thanks again, Nita, I'll be in touch (probably by starting a new thread) as a bit more time draws me closer to traveling down there! Have a lovely Christmas and a blessed & healthy New Year!!!

Old 12-09-2019, 08:34 PM

3,112 posts, read 4,018,924 times
I have met women here who seem quite above average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers