Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2006, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 14,396 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,
I am thinking of re-locating to Fayetteville, AR from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am curious if anyone knows if Fayetteville is looking for teachers. I have a Masters degree and specialize in teaching computer stuff such as computer basics, multimedia, and computer networking for adults. Does anyone know if there is a need for such teachers? Also I build custom Harleys on the side. Is there a market there for bikes and are "mellow" biker types welcome? Any extra info on Fayetteville is welcome.

Thanks in advance for all who respond.
windinface
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2006, 10:16 PM

22 posts, read 91,882 times
Default Go Hogs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by windinface
Hi Folks,
I am thinking of re-locating to Fayetteville, AR from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am curious if anyone knows if Fayetteville is looking for teachers. I have a Masters degree and specialize in teaching computer stuff such as computer basics, multimedia, and computer networking for adults. Does anyone know if there is a need for such teachers? Also I build custom Harleys on the side. Is there a market there for bikes and are "mellow" biker types welcome? Any extra info on Fayetteville is welcome.

Thanks in advance for all who respond.
windinface
Hello WindinFace!
I went to school in Fayetteville and did my student teaching in Springdale, AR...about a 15 min. drive away. The area is growing so fast that they can't build enough schools. I would say with your degree that you could definitely be used. You can easily live in Fayetteville and teach in Springdale, Bentonville, or Rogers. Springdale's starting salary is around $44,000. It's competing with the area cities to be the highest paid school in Arkansas. The Northwest Arkansas area is really beautiful. You get all four seasons and if you like the outdoors there are a lot of things to do.
I would definitely say that "biker types" are welcome. Every year in Fayetteville they have the Bikes Blues and BBQ festival around Dickson St. It's a lot of fun. Well, I hoped this helped. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM

Hi ferfer34,
Thanks for the response, you made my day. I have a feeling I am going to love Fayetteville AR. Maybe I'll see you at the Bikes Blues and BBQ festival

windinface

Old 06-14-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Glad to have helped

Quote:
Originally Posted by windinface
Hi ferfer34,
Thanks for the response, you made my day. I have a feeling I am going to love Fayetteville AR. Maybe I'll see you at the Bikes Blues and BBQ festival

windinface
No worries. I'm sure you will love the area. Good Luck!

Old 07-01-2006, 07:01 AM

Hey ferfer34,

I just got back from a 5 day visit to Fayetteville AR, LOVED IT!!!! Good housing prices, mellow people, and lots of Harleys on the road! While there I asked some senior citizens what they thought of the crime rate there and their response was, "what crime?". I believe it. Driving there was a treat also, everybody was so polite, no one was running stop lights, tailgating, or cutting me off or driving aggressively. Weather was very nice also, low humidity and not many pesky bugs. I was REALLY impressed with Fayetteville and I am planning on re-locating there soon. Thanks for the tip ferfer34

windinface

Old 07-01-2006, 06:34 PM

Ah, I'm so glad you love it! Here are some things to check out/do when you get there:
Eat at Herman's (bbq) looks like a shack from the outside, but yummy on the inside
Eat at La Huerta (mexican) not the greatest mexican food, but the fastest service you will ever find.
Camp at Devil's Den. You can explore in the caves. It's great.
Take a road trip to Eureka Springs. It's about a 45 min. drive. Nicknamed Little Switzerland. Full of windy roads and great little shops.
If you like the Civil War, there's the Praire Grove battle fields about 20 min. drive. It's small, but nice to see.
You'll have to take a ride on your Harley to Fort Smith. This is sad I've lived in that area my entire life and driven that strip a hundred times and now I'm not sure of the highway. I'm pretty sure its I540. It's a really beautiful and scenic drive.
Also check out Branson, MO I think about an 1.5 drive.
Of course have a night out on Dickson St.
Go to a Razorback football game. Go Hogs!
You'll have to also check out a Lady Razorback Volleyball game! I used to play, so I like to get supporters!
Well, that's a few things to get you started.
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers