Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:09 PM

32 posts, read 129,487 times

Advertisements

We're looking to move from IL to either eastern TN for views of the Mountains or Northwest Arkansas. We'll be visiting Arkansas within the next couple of months. Can anyone tell us the best places to move to in NW Arkansas? We have a 12 year old son and we'll both need decent jobs. We'd like a view of lakes or mountains/hills plus we would like to be close to cities with job availability.
Please...can anyone help us decide the best places to visit to help us decide on Arkansas? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 04:01 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,808 times
Default another yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYoda
We're looking to move from IL to either eastern TN for views of the Mountains or Northwest Arkansas. We'll be visiting Arkansas within the next couple of months. Can anyone tell us the best places to move to in NW Arkansas? Thank you!
https://www.city-data.com/city/Mammot...-Arkansas.html
for northEast Arkansas.....

I know of three what came down from Old Du Quoin
Illinois to live in Mammoth Spring. All Deason’s, decent ‘nuff’ for them Deason’s should be OK for you. Then there was my greatgrandfather who built and operated a steamboat on the lake and river for some rich dude.

If you do do Mammoth Spring would you get around to the cemeteries and find them Deason’s?

Old 07-21-2006, 10:18 AM

16 posts, read 109,491 times
it depends what your needs and financial ability. Personally I like NW Arkansas (Fayetteville, Rogers, Bentonville and Farmington). I love this part of the state for different reasonS ( Cultural, economical enviromnetal aspects) . This is just my personal view . just for the record I am Arkanbsan. Good luck to you

Old 07-23-2006, 12:03 AM

827 posts, read 5,079,979 times
I'd look into the Bentonville-Fayetteville-Rogers area and Springfield, Missouri.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 8,748 times
My husband and I just moved here from a suburb south of Chicago. We currently live in Fort Smith. We love it. It is less conjested yet has the convienence of a big city. We are located between the Ozark and Ouichita National Forest. It is a very pretty area and homes/land is relatively inexpensive. We are actually going hiking at Mount Magazine today. I am not familiar with Rogers/Fayetteville except for driving through them on my way in so I cannot say much about that area. It seems that more jobs may be avaiable there though. It depends on what kind of work you do because there are also jobs in Fort smith. Also, if you are use to driving an hour plus to work as we were in Illinois, than an hour commute to fayetteville would not be bad. Hope this helps.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,593 times
I've lived in both, the people are all nice in each, most are decent in the south/southeast. I lived in a small town in North West AR , about 30 miles from Branson, Mo, approx 20 mi from Harrison Ar that surprisingly has a very robust job market. I live in the DFW, Tx area now but look to get back that direction soon.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:08 PM

16 posts, read 109,491 times
Sorry I made a mistake. I wanted to say "I am not Arkansan....". sorry about that.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 14,104 times
I'm reading a lot of replies directing out-of-state people to the Bentonville/Rogers area of NW Arkansas. You should keep in mind that Benton County is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. While that may mean economic and cultural opportunities, it also means growing pains and considerable sprawl. They're having a tough time keeping up with roads and infrastructure. And areas that are now pasture may soon be housing developments.
I would also look into Russellville or Ft Smith.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 19,538 times
For Mountains, AND a good job, you need to look into Bentonville, Rogers, and then, live in Fayetteville,or a suburb thereof, depending on what size area you want to live in. The schools in Springdale, Bentonville, and Rogers are very diverse, with over 50 languages trying to learn in the same school setting ........... that makes it harder

Old 08-19-2006, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 24,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYoda View Post
We're looking to move from IL to either eastern TN for views of the Mountains or Northwest Arkansas. We'll be visiting Arkansas within the next couple of months. Can anyone tell us the best places to move to in NW Arkansas? We have a 12 year old son and we'll both need decent jobs. We'd like a view of lakes or mountains/hills plus we would like to be close to cities with job availability.
Please...can anyone help us decide the best places to visit to help us decide on Arkansas? Thank you!
I can't speak much for eastern Tennessee but the job market is pretty good here in NWA. The Ozarks are pretty nice, not as tall as the Appalachians but still nice. Fayetteville always ranks pretty high as a good city to live in. It also lies a little closer to the Boston Mtns and is a bit hillier than most of the other NWA cities. Although if you're looking for a lake to live by there's Beaver Lake up closer to Rogers. There are a number of small er lakes but none of them are like Beaver Lake. I can email you some more info if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers