Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:30 AM

196 posts, read 504,518 times

Advertisements

Ok,, I guess that was a Loaded Question,, I did however mean SWF the Cape in perticualar. I am just watching 2 markets right now and in NY, I don't know what the heck is going on except its WAY HARSH and Holy Gucamole! If I can figure it out,,BUT I must as a Lady would take a Bow to nhkev, it's always a good thing to learn something everyday and your lesson was clear, to the point well written! Bravo,,May I borrow that Crystal Ball now? giggle,,giggle

Old 02-05-2011, 01:49 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobeach View Post
Ok,, I guess that was a Loaded Question,, I did however mean SWF the Cape in perticualar. I am just watching 2 markets right now and in NY, I don't know what the heck is going on except its WAY HARSH and Holy Gucamole! If I can figure it out,,BUT I must as a Lady would take a Bow to nhkev, it's always a good thing to learn something everyday and your lesson was clear, to the point well written! Bravo,,May I borrow that Crystal Ball now? giggle,,giggle
I think you said you now have a property. I guess you just bought it?

Old 02-05-2011, 05:27 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Since when did this become the Cape forum? Says FTM-CC so I woud assume this is the greater MSA so would include Lee County (Unincorporated, Lehigh, Sanibel, Captiva, CC, FTM, North FTM, Estero, Bonita, San Carlos... )
True. I was narrowing down what one poster wrote saying that the values depend on "what neighborhood, city, state, region of the country.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 AM

68 posts, read 203,490 times
I could not agree more with the final comment in nhkev's post.
We are very interested in downtown Fort Myers and have been using Zillow and Trulia to see what properties are selling for, how long they have been on the market etc. I hope that a good realtor will do this and more but as a first step it is worth a few hours on the computer. I also think it's good fun!

Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Took a leisurely drive up Country Club yesterday and saw a couple "by owner" signs on some decent looking houses.... one was $59,900.00 the other at $69,900.00. The one at 69K shocked me a bit. $59K about floored me.

I didnt stop to look at them, but in the drive by they looked rather nice.

Kev's level of analysis cannot be matched on this forum. But as I have noted in the past, analysis also needs to be tempered with some anecdotal evidence as well.

Yachtcare's simple minded observation......values are still going down.

YC.......

Old 02-06-2011, 12:22 PM

45 posts, read 118,407 times
Well put nhkev. I've been watching the Cape Coral arae for nearly two years now. I subscribe to listingbook.com and several similar sites to keep current with daily listings, forclosures and price changes. It appears to me (subjectively) that the more desireable properties are holding their own and some have finally begun to go up. The general the market seems to still be going down but very slowly.

There are too many variables to be specific. I am generalizing. As the old adage says" the cream will always rise to the top" and that top looks like it is not dropping in price.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM

252 posts, read 388,504 times
As long as the economy and interest rates stay as they are now there shouldn't be much change.The number of foreclosures and houses on the market can also effect price.Don't think there will be much of a price change this year.
Jake

Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
There is still a downward trend in real estate.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 PM

616 posts, read 1,564,475 times
There's going to be up and down trends. The rest of the country needs to play catch up to where Florida (SWFL / Lee County) has been. SWFL had a bubble, it burst, and is now trying to recover. The rest of the country is now feeling the effect of the said bubble and now are reacting to what happened. Add in the country is going from a manufacturing state to a service based industry / innovation / technology based - there's going to be an adjustment period.

Prices are going to go up some months and they're going to go down some months.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:58 PM

196 posts, read 504,518 times
Hey Folks,, um,, I've got to put my 2 cents in,,Zillow,, IS SO OUT OF WACK,,I WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANYWAY! In NY they have my home at like 300's,,I am in the ballpark and way over the 400's,,,they are insulting and IMHO hurting the already badly bursed Housing Market. A Quick note to nhkev,,,we have a very "Unique" pc of Land in the NW,AG2,unlike the majority of "Plots" in the area, however we have other plans for that and are seeking 2 other "house properties". That 59,,sounded good,,up my alley and you know the story,,torn between Gulf and Fresh water,,really am spoiled here on Long Island with Jump in my Boat at Gilgo Beach in 15 mins,,this is hard to give up,,,but you know the story up here too,,Got some surgery going on later this month,,hoping to get up and get going asap,,and get down there! House going up as soon as I am able,,at a silly get me outta NY $$$..Its so over here! I know I have been on for years now saying I am coming,,and seriously I am no lunatic,,if you heard what the last 3 years in my life entailed,,I think I would having everyone believeing, "There is a Time& Season for Everythng" Truely I believe my time is now~ Still hunting in SWF,,lololol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area