Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 PM

43 posts, read 167,504 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking at moving to Ft. Myers. We are in our early 20's and currently live in utah. I would like the get advice from people that have been there on how it is? Weather, apartments, crime, people? Anything you have to say about it let me know. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,799,632 times
Just do a search in the Fort myers area at the top corner "search this forum" type in fort myers, you will get many threads about everything you are asking about. Fort Myers is very split into good and really bad areas.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM

4 posts, read 5,097 times
For me summer is the worst time of the year. Very very humid. In the afternoon it rains every single day. Big majority of elderly/retired people live in Fort Myers. The crime is just like anywhere else.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM

3,978 posts, read 10,590,590 times
There are good and bad areas just like most cities. The weather is fantastic in the winter and in the 90's alll summer with quick afternoon thunderstorms almost daily. Close to the airport. Great beaches, boating, swimming, golfing and more. Lots of recreational and cultural activities. You really should visit first and look at different communities to get a feel for what fits your lifestyle. You also should obtain jobs before you move. Employment is very hard to find.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:17 PM

515 posts, read 1,596,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by an701 View Post
For me summer is the worst time of the year. Very very humid. In the afternoon it rains every single day. Big majority of elderly/retired people live in Fort Myers. The crime is just like anywhere else.
the rain might last for 30 minutes. It's funny when your on I 75 and a storm rolls in. The old farts pull over and sit there on the highway when the end of the storm is usually 2 minutes up the road. So their sitting there for who knows how long if it is a stationary cloud burst. You can see the rain coming and going. They move that fast!
The old saying is, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change. It's not that humid, we don't have a bug problem and there are not gators everywhere, As all northerners claim. The crime is not like everywhere else. We do not have the population like other cities to support crime claims they have. Our news is boring here due to that. They report the same stories over and over and over again for 2 hours on the evening news.
Crime, ok ya move into a high budget rental or low income area, your gonna have more crime, thieves are lazy, they like to stay close to home. Or you move into a rich area, your gonna have high crime, thieves also know where the money is and where a lot of affluent people leave their doors and cars unlocked. You just have to be aware of your surroundings and not advertise.
In our community the foreclosure crunch has treated us well. The troubled kids families who have been the route of all evil in the surrounding neighborhoods have for some reason lost their homes and moved away. There must be a correlation between parents who don't bring up their kids with good morals and not being able to pay their bills. However it has worked out well for us.

Last edited by tjstrain; 03-27-2011 at 08:35 PM..

Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,799,632 times
^^^^ Where do you live???? I hate watching the news here, crap after crap..... And yes it is humid, are you in a bubble?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area