Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,395,203 times

Advertisements

Know if this is a good or bad area in Cape Coral. We've Been looking at houses and don't know this as we are from out of town- about crime, drugs,
or riff-raff etc.
----- Chiquita Blvd. near Mariner High School is the location of the area.
I would highly appreciate any opinions or wisdom gained from experience
as it is impossible to know without any knowledge of this area but have learned about the reputation North Ft. Myers has...which is not very far away. There is a terrific house near the Middle School which we really like but I've no idea of the local reputation of the area.
Thankyou in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 04:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,326,725 times
I don't think there is anything wrong with that area. It's quiet.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM

198 posts, read 482,838 times
Here's a link you may found useful. You can sign up for email alerts for the particular area you are interested in http://spotcrime.com/#chiquita%20blv...20cape%20coral

We purchased our retirement home in the Mariner area a couple of years ago. At this time we spend very little time there, so I can't really give you a very good opinion of what goes on.
I will tell you the we do love our neighborhood. Our neighbors say the is very little crime that they know of. There is a five diamond softball complex across the street from us as well as a new library 1/2 mile away.
We don't have children, so I can't give you any opinion of schools or youth crimes. I'm sure others here can give you a better idea of the goings on than I can, but like I said, we like the area very much from what we have seen and heard.
Good luck.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,097,171 times
The area is nice and quiet, not citylike at all. I would not buy on chiquita blvd itself, it is a busy road and will get super busy when they start construction on widening pine island rd west of chiquita and also widening burnt store rd. In fact I wouldn't buy on any main rd

Old 03-27-2011, 06:13 AM

646 posts, read 1,643,576 times
I agree with Nhkev, stay off the busy roads. Best thing to do is ask neighbors about the area and local police.
Good luck

Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 PM

225 posts, read 494,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Know if this is a good or bad area in Cape Coral. We've Been looking at houses and don't know this as we are from out of town- about crime, drugs,
or riff-raff etc.
----- Chiquita Blvd. near Mariner High School is the location of the area.
I would highly appreciate any opinions or wisdom gained from experience
as it is impossible to know without any knowledge of this area but have learned about the reputation North Ft. Myers has...which is not very far away. There is a terrific house near the Middle School which we really like but I've no idea of the local reputation of the area.
Thankyou in advance.
It's a quiet area as most of the NW is. I agree with the others about living right on Chiquita Blvd., wouldn't do it, it's a busy road. I'll say one thing, that area is well lit with the lights from the high school football field and the nearby softball complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: