Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which airline do you use the most in/out of RSW
Air Canada 0 0%
American Airlines 2 10.00%
Delta Air Lines 3 15.00%
Euro Wings 0 0%
Jet Blue Airways 5 25.00%
Southwest Airlines 3 15.00%
Spirt Airlines 5 25.00%
Sun Country 0 0%
United Airlines 2 10.00%
West Jet 0 0%
No planes, I drive 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 05:20 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,434,275 times

Advertisements

What airline works best for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 09:08 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,227,891 times
I voted for Southwest. Frontier would be my first choice for a last minute trip though.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:29 PM

487 posts, read 997,721 times
Frontier

Old 05-07-2019, 01:52 AM

Economy airlines in the lead at the moment, will it last?

Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,500 times
Maybe it's because I have flown so much in my life (over 4 million miles) but I would never under any circumstance fly an LCC like Spirit. I am ORD based so the only mainline direct flights are on AA and UA. I could use DL, but all are connections. Since I have lifetime Elite status on AA (and had their top by invitation only status, Concierge Key, for many years before retiring), I am a bit of a flying snob and I prefer AA. But I have been using UA more recently since their discounted first fares have been quite a bit better than AA even though I currently have no status on UA (I was UA 1K and Global Services at various times). LCCs are nothing more than flying CTA buses as far as I am concerned. If Jet Blue were available out of ORD, I might try them (I don't consider Jet Blue and Southwest to be LCCs any more). However, I would not fly UA outbound in the summer in the late afternoon because they have a ridiculous union rule that prohibits their ground crews to do anything within a half hour when there is lightning within 10 miles of the airport. Other airlines have a 5 mile/15 minute rule. I have sat in the UA boarding area watching every other airline come and go repeatedly while UA planes sat on the tarmac. The last time was the last straw for me because the sky was blue and the sun was out and yet the plane just sat out there because the ground crew would not guide it into the gate because the 30 minutes had not lapsed. The only delayed flights that day were UA. Every other airline got out on time.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
Maybe it's because I have flown so much in my life (over 4 million miles) but I would never under any circumstance fly an LCC like Spirit. I am ORD based so the only mainline direct flights are on AA and UA. I could use DL, but all are connections. Since I have lifetime Elite status on AA (and had their top by invitation only status, Concierge Key, for many years before retiring), I am a bit of a flying snob and I prefer AA. But I have been using UA more recently since their discounted first fares have been quite a bit better than AA even though I currently have no status on UA (I was UA 1K and Global Services at various times). LCCs are nothing more than flying CTA buses as far as I am concerned. If Jet Blue were available out of ORD, I might try them (I don't consider Jet Blue and Southwest to be LCCs any more). However, I would not fly UA outbound in the summer in the late afternoon because they have a ridiculous union rule that prohibits their ground crews to do anything within a half hour when there is lightning within 10 miles of the airport. Other airlines have a 5 mile/15 minute rule. I have sat in the UA boarding area watching every other airline come and go repeatedly while UA planes sat on the tarmac. The last time was the last straw for me because the sky was blue and the sun was out and yet the plane just sat out there because the ground crew would not guide it into the gate because the 30 minutes had not lapsed. The only delayed flights that day were UA. Every other airline got out on time.

Yep, I have been flying for decades. Had lofty status with US Air ( still have my FF card) , Delta, TWA (remember them?), SW Air ( an annoying FF program).

I traded in AA miles for iPads and such. Sent my family overseas a few time with my Delta miles.

Last few years has been Jet Blue. I always go for the more room seat. Miles plus JB Mastercard add miles.

I am done flying across the globe, across the USA. JB is fine for my North / South jaunts.

After decades of flying I look at it as more of a chore than an adventure.

For those new to flying or working up their perks, good luck and enjoy.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:51 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Yep, I have been flying for decades. Had lofty status with US Air ( still have my FF card) , Delta, TWA (remember them?), SW Air ( an annoying FF program).

I traded in AA miles for iPads and such. Sent my family overseas a few time with my Delta miles.

Last few years has been Jet Blue. I always go for the more room seat. Miles plus JB Mastercard add miles.

I am done flying across the globe, across the USA. JB is fine for my North / South jaunts.

After decades of flying I look at it as more of a chore than an adventure.

For those new to flying or working up their perks, good luck and enjoy.

Yeah, but all of the FFPs have been devalued by so much, that attaining top tier status is hardly worth it. Concierge Key has retained much of its benefits, but even Executive Platinum (100K miles/year) on AA has been eviscerated. I am really glad I do not fly the way I used to. Top tier status made it bearable when going back and forth to Asia over 100 times, but no more. And service has sunk to low levels across the board, with the possible exception of DL. Better to be a free agent these days. Find the best deal, put on your headphones and pretend you are not there!

Old 05-07-2019, 04:51 PM

10 posts, read 11,710 times
I usually fly Frontier out of Cleveland.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:55 PM

331 posts, read 453,843 times
It usually depends where I am flying to and can get a direct flight. Currently, that remains southwest.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:43 AM

My son took Frontier out of DC. He liked the low fare but not the flight. Next round he may come to the dark side, Jet Blue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area