Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:02 AM

65 posts, read 119,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
23-26 foot Hurricane deck boat should do you nicely.

A dealer in Cape Coral has been selling them new for over a decade. They're all over the place. Typically with a 200ish hp Yamaha.

I've worked on quite a few over the years, they're decent quality, and there's enough of them locally, you should be able to source a good used one when you're ready. It's a decent all around utility that should do everything you need it to do.

Just my humble opinion.

CN
Been taking a good look at these over the past week or two. They are very nice. Started with Hurricane, then Tahoe and then Starcraft (looked briefly at Bayliner). I like the options and pricing for the Starcraft and Tahoe. Now one brand (don't remember which) has a modified deep V hull underneath for better offshore performance, but probably with a bit deeper draft.

While I prefer the look and stability of the Power Cats, the deck boat prices are quite attractive. Especially on the used market for recent model years. And I really don't plan to fish offshore that much. Plenty of fishing in the 'sheltered' waters.

Lots of videos on Youtube comparing the top major deck boat brands...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 08:44 AM

4 posts, read 2,877 times
Bayliner is garbage except a few models (older) over 40

Old 10-29-2020, 10:49 AM

88 posts, read 86,759 times
I've owned a 24' and a 26' Hurricane ….both are great deck boats but they slap the crap out of anyone sitting up front if there is even moderate chop.My wife hated them for that reason.
My 24 Tritoon cuts through that same chop very smoothly.
Before you buy anything...….test drive it in some choppy water.
Women ,especially, don't like to get bounced around out there

Old 10-29-2020, 11:22 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzyhippie View Post
Those boats can't handle the Bay- flats ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKrowe View Post
my experience in only with SR's but cats are stable in most parts of the gulf for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayBooglaoo View Post
Bayliner is garbage except a few models (older) over 40
FYI, all of the above posts were made by the same troll using different screen names. Ignore the negativity and please don't feed the trolls!

Old 10-30-2020, 07:27 AM

40 posts, read 44,117 times
I had a Bayliner and it was a piece of junk as well. Sea Ray is a great all-around boat.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 473 times
Random is also the start of a yacht

Old 12-12-2020, 07:24 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,589 times
I've had a Hurricane 23' with a 250hp for quite awhile. Personally I prefered my center console for fishing but my wife hated it because she said it was comfortable for the driver but not anyone else. When I go on my friends center consoles I have to concur. Times when I don't get the coveted capt chair they can be uncomfortable. the Hurricane is like a floating living room. I take it out on the Atlantic ocean up to 3 foot waves comfortably but it doesn't handle much more than that because it doesn't cut through the waves it tends to ride up them and slap down. I have never had an issue on the gulf side. For fishing it is still very good. It holds 11 fishing rods, has a livewell, has a nice fishing platform, plenty of room for coolers, still has a head in a console, shallow water anchor (power pole)and maybe the biggest plus is the bimini top. so for me it is kinda the best of both worlds. I would rather have a 26' Center console Key west 263 or a Sea Hunt Gamefish but I'd be looking at 90k to buy one of those around 4 years old so I'll stick with mine for a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
best boat question-20200109_130446_capture.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area