Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 07:30 PM

27 posts, read 33,978 times

Advertisements

How many people regret moving to Florida sooner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 07:37 AM

207 posts, read 423,785 times
Regret NOT moving to Florida sooner? Or ?

Old 05-13-2021, 08:26 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,349,022 times
How about regret moving to Florida period? Have you been here in the summer yet?

Old 05-13-2021, 11:28 AM

396 posts, read 419,095 times
I hate clicking on clickbait-y titles like this one.

See? I did it. And I regret it.

Old 05-23-2021, 10:16 AM

222 posts, read 223,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan113 View Post
Regret moving back to Florida? Yes and no. I do especially regret moving to Cape Coral. Love Florida, I grew up here, but Lee county is just becoming a mess and wayyy too much traffic and people.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:54 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,364,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouperK View Post
Regret moving back to Florida? Yes and no. I do especially regret moving to Cape Coral. Love Florida, I grew up here, but Lee county is just becoming a mess and wayyy too much traffic and people.
We were there today at a golf tournament for my son at Coral Oaks. I really don't get Cape Coral. After all these years of visiting, working there on occasion, etc.
Besides the waterfront homes not far from the bridge, what is the draw? All we saw is randomly placed houses, no landscaping, power lines running through yards, etc. and no businesses for miles and miles from I-75 to Coral Oaks (except for US-41 and a new 7-11).

Is it just the cheap cost of land and not being 'that' far from 75?

Old 05-23-2021, 09:21 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,220,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan113 View Post
I don’t regret moving to Florida if that’s your question, but I’m seriously questioning my long term future there. Currently spending some time in Arizona and it’s refreshing to consistently be around people my own age (early 30’s) and like another poster said the whole area of SWFL is becoming congested, maybe not as bad as places like Chicago where I grew up but definitely more populated which takes away from the tranquility and charm a little.

I left Naples for the time being because I did get to a point where I felt no connection to the community and that there was no adventure left there for me. After 6 plus years there I feel I’ve turned over every rock I could and the older age of the people really started wearing me down along with the humidity.

Florida has a lot going for it. The humidity is relentless but also better for our skin then dry climates like AZ.... Politically FL has one of the best governors. We have the best beaches (minus the damn red tide) and definitely the best winter weather in the country, much better then Scottsdale and Phoenix.

I’m not giving up on Florida or Naples yet but I am trying to keep an open mind because the saying life happens when you’re busy making other plans is so true. I feel I’m slowly building a new life here in AZ while still trying to hang on to whatever life I had there in Naples.

I regret not leaving Illinois sooner haha... horrible weather, no interesting nature or landscapes to really enjoy and horrible roads.

Florida is great but so is many other states.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 05-23-2021 at 09:33 PM..

Old 05-24-2021, 06:44 AM

35 posts, read 39,098 times
Some of us didn't have to move to FL, but dislike the current invasion!

Old 05-24-2021, 07:49 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,349,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
We were there today at a golf tournament for my son at Coral Oaks. I really don't get Cape Coral. After all these years of visiting, working there on occasion, etc.
Besides the waterfront homes not far from the bridge, what is the draw? All we saw is randomly placed houses, no landscaping, power lines running through yards, etc. and no businesses for miles and miles from I-75 to Coral Oaks (except for US-41 and a new 7-11).

I agree with this except there is one part of Cape Coral that is very nice and that is around Cape Harbour. It has more trees, beautiful medians and very few empty lots.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:37 PM

207 posts, read 423,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post

You kind of have to look at it as you would a suburb, meant for just living day to day and possibly working elsewhere (Fort Myers). The city is mainly residential but they are trying to attract more larger employers/businesses and are trying to develop a new business park out near Kismet & Del Prado where a new Bayfront Health center just opened that for years was really only home to a Publix and the little shops in it. A majority of businesses in the city are along the major corridors (Cape Coral Pkwy, Veterans, Burnt Store, Del Prado, Santa Barbara, Pine Island Rd, etc.) If you look at a map, you can see where all the businesses are. If there are restaurants, there are businesses close by. Cape Coral occupies a huge land area and they estimate total build-out to be around 400k. I assume you're talking Kismet as your travel path to Coral Oaks? A whole lot of nothing there, I agree. I use that as my path to get to the NE Cape where the Target, Chick-fil-A, other shopping/dining are at on Pine Island Rd. You would need to cut through Cape Coral via Colonial or Daniels in Fort Myers to see all the real activity in town and better looking areas, too. The toll bridges get you to all the good stuff. Or just drive back through that way to get back to Fort Myers for free as the $2 is only to get into town, not out. Much more scenic route and then there's always a chance to stop at the Krispy Kreme on Cleveland before you head home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area