Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2023, 09:12 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Redfin a real estate company have put out data of the searches of people looking in certain areas to move.

They are looking at a number of towns in Florida for a new home.
Click on the link and see how many searches.

The link is not working. Here are the stats.
Las Vegas: 5,700
Phoenix: 5,300
Tampa, Florida: 5,000
Orlando, Florida: 4,900
Sacramento, California: 4,800
North Port-Sarasota, Florida: 4,700
Cape Coral, Florida: 4,100
Dallas: 4,100
Miami: 3,700
Houston: 3,600

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/30/1-in...new-city.html7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2023, 05:13 PM

89 posts, read 70,507 times
Sacramento is surprising. I thought people were fleeing California, however the State has got to be the most beautiful State, almost worth putting up with the Bad things about it!!!

Old 08-03-2023, 08:10 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyanylitics View Post
Sacramento is surprising. I thought people were fleeing California, however the State has got to be the most beautiful State, almost worth putting up with the Bad things about it!!!
Cost of real estate in metro Sacramento is lower than many other metro areas in California. Metro Sacramento is very nice and has nice suburbs and nice exurbs with new growth.

Old 08-06-2023, 07:20 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I will never understand why so many people want to move to Florida. To me, anything south of Tampa is not desirable.

Old 08-06-2023, 10:36 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I will never understand why so many people want to move to Florida. To me, anything south of Tampa is not desirable.
It's perception from having visited a time of year not like now or in vacation mode versus reality mode.

Old 08-06-2023, 05:13 PM

SWFL is perfect as long as you're retired and have a place up North. You just have to consider it a 6 month and 4 day vacation. They have everything you would want as a city dweller and can live in the country. The food and choice of fancy grocery stores, retail of every kind, just booming!! You also have to like boating and golfing. The real estate doesn't follow normal areas ups and downs,,,,, since 2012 anyways. The hurricanes just give people a chance to upgrade their homes. Everyone is happy and friendly and if they've been there for 30 years or 3, they're from somewhere else.
Many of the little things convince people to establish residency, no car inspection, no bottle return, twice a week garbage p/u, low electric bills, relatively low property tax. If you can take the heat, September October, and May and June are awesome with outdoor kitchens and pools. Then it becomes an 8 month vacation.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:22 AM

Also wanted to add that the local news somehow seems to be much more pleasant to watch than anywhere else I've been. They don't seem to just follow their networks national narrative. Though I was starting to get sick of the continuous coverage of Ian's clean up, for the most part it's positive, with stories focusing on the good things happening town and Statewide. It possibly has something to do with the Governor's super majority in both houses, which tells the news people that there isn't the division politically amongst the residents.

I saw a show on the history of Florida, where it was the only Eastern location where the Spanish were the ones who forced the Natives South of St Augustine. North of there into Georgia, it was Non Hispanics who conquered the Natives. So the Hispanics were the only locals from North central Florida, South. But how many generations makes you a local. My neighbor's family owned a citrus farm and consider themselves locals, but it was just Northwest of Lake O, not the subtropical South.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-07-2023 at 10:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area