Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2024, 01:31 AM

4 posts, read 10,178 times

Advertisements

As a long time resident, I have noticed a change in the social atmosphere. Toxic, selfish, and anti-social people have been moving into the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area and have been turning the area into a social desert and ruining southern hospitality. People, if you're going to be anti-social and selfish and not getting along with others, do us a favor and relocate yourselves back to DuPage County, Illinois, where it's actually illegal to interact with strangers except for business reasons only, and where all friendships are illegal. As for anyone who messes with this thread, the city-data forum has been reviewed on sitejabber with screenshots of posts written by the Administrator and Yac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 05:08 AM

789 posts, read 785,941 times
To us the toxic, selfish, and anti-social people have been around for decades sooo it might be that you end up moving to find a friendlier area to live . We moved away from collier county 26 years ago .

Just remember , complaining here may let you feel better but it will not help with you concerns .

Old 01-02-2024, 12:09 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,956,177 times
The state has shifted far-right in recent years politically which like it or not typically does not entail an influx of the friendly, inclusive types you might be accustomed to dealing with. Some in this forum will likely squeal BS, but it is what it is.

Old 01-04-2024, 10:36 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,427,804 times
What the hell is sitejabber? A sloppy Yelp?

What constitutes messing with this thread?

Old 01-04-2024, 09:42 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,346,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
To us the toxic, selfish, and anti-social people have been around for decades sooo it might be that you end up moving to find a friendlier area to live . We moved away from collier county 26 years ago .

Just remember , complaining here may let you feel better but it will not help with you concerns .
I agree. It "seems" it's because of the influx of people from the northeast the last 25 or so years to SWFL.

Northeast plates far outnumber southern and midwestern plates now.

I'm from Missouri, in rural Southern MO those yankees wouldn't be very welcomes with their attitude, especaiily in the Ozarks and the Bootheel.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:51 PM

7 posts, read 4,654 times
most of those toxic people, are the opinionated karens who use this site to complain about any areas that they have never lived

Old 04-25-2024, 10:40 AM

197 posts, read 155,186 times
In my humble opinion, people in general are not as kind to each other anymore no matter where one may live. I think some of it is the division that began 10 years or so ago, divide and conquer!!, the media also has people second guessing each others views and in a way I think COVID made people more self centered as well. I have made an effort to stop being on my phone in many cases and really looking around at my surroundings, the world is so pretty and I do not want to live with my nose stuck in a cell phone! Smile and say hi, it can be contagious.....

Old Today, 10:00 PM

123 posts, read 201,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The state has shifted far-right in recent years politically which like it or not typically does not entail an influx of the friendly, inclusive types you might be accustomed to dealing with. Some in this forum will likely squeal BS, but it is what it is.
Republicans typically not friendly or inclusive. Democrats typically friendly and inclusive. Got it! Good to know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: