Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2024, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 169 times

Advertisements

Hello all. Earlier this afternoon, I had a guy and his son come to my door to request if they could grab some coconuts from one of my palm trees. I told them 'sure, I don't mind', as long as they left a dozen or so that I could utilize for smoothies. While bringing them water bottles and reiterating to leave me a few coconuts, I saw that their truck bed was almost entirely full of them - they were obviously going to sell them, but I don't care as I myself don't use a majority of them most harvests, and would rather someone do something with them than have a significant portion of them rot. When they were nearly finished, I went back out to shoot the **** for a minute and ask how the rig worked, as well as to thank them for getting the coconuts down while they were still so fresh. I noticed there were still ~15 on the ground in a pile by my house, so I assumed those were the ones they were leaving for me. I returned inside the house as they were done and packing up the equipment. When I went back out to grab the coconuts to store 5 minutes later, the entire pile was gone, leaving me with 0 ****ing coconuts.

Now, to be fair, I'm unsure if what I was saying was simply lost in translation - maybe they didn't speak English and were just laughing to laugh while we were speaking together. Not that that explanation makes it okay, but at least it would be a benign mistake under those circumstances. Honestly, even if it was on purpose, I don't give a ****...karma is real, if that is the case I'm sure they will get what's deserved sooner or later. I'm solely posting to see if anyone has any info and/or tips regarding where I could find/locate/get in contact with them just to get my 12 fresh ****ing coconuts back for some bangin smoothies lol. I strongly dislike when people take advantage of kindness, and concurrently am strongly craving the fresh coconuts that would have been dropping soon.

Thanks in advance for any help. Protect ya nuts out there people!

*The father was Hispanic, had white hair/mustache and was somewhat heavy set/rounded, maybe mid 50s-60s.

*The son was somewhat shorter, noticeable mole on his face, shorter curly hair, maybe mid 20's-early 30s.

*Truck was dark grey, I believe a Chevy, with a blue wrap only on the outer back corner of it (sadly I didn't look at the license plate as it was parked parallel to my yard, and I also gave them the benefit-of-the-doubt for hopefully being decent people...)

*Happened near Diplomat/Santa Barbara - but they easily may not be from the immediate local area so that detail may not be of assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,424,560 times
They left you a pile. You went in the house. Apparently, you didn't want them.

Don't count your coconuts before they are garaged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area