Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 AM

354 posts, read 1,273,411 times

Advertisements

This is a good link for crime data in Lee County.

I was amazed how much is in east lee county - Lehigh Acres area,

The News-Press: Crime Map

This is the link of stories previously mentioned

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres

This story sort of tells it all

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres, Man shot during gas station robbery recovers (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070901/NEWS0103/709120388/1005/ACC - broken link)

Another good tracker is any sherriff dept in state usually has an arrest data base complete with photos

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/

Of course this wouldn't count City Of Ft. Myers as they have there own police force.

Also do a track of sex offenders - Fla is full of them in general

FDLE Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators

Not trying to paint a bad picture -I love Fla. but you have to know your neighborhood. I had a business in North Ft. Myers and I thought it was a shaky place but LA looks even worse.

Last edited by paradiddle; 09-08-2007 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,066 times
Default Lehigh is Huge and diverse

I am reading all these bad reports from people about Lehigh, but none are really put into context. There are both good and bad areas in Lehigh Acres. You have to take in account the size of the area you are talking about. If Lehigh becomes a city we will be the second largest in area in the state next to Jacksonville.
As in Jacksonville there are great areas to live and areas you would not want to be forced into. Lehigh is aprox. 143 sq miles in size and lots of that area is out of town and desolate. You buy home out in an area all by your self
any where and you are asking for crime in the way of Burglary.
My parents have lived here for 9 years and my wife and I for 5 years. We live on the east side of down town, witch was originally built up by Lee Corp. home building for the purpose of retiring.
The neighbourhoods are quite, mature landscaping and very nice. Minutes to golf and shopping and we don't have to fight the traffic every time we want to go out to the store or post office like they do in western Lee and Collier County. We are min from what is consider downtown with all the major stores located in one area. Our neighbours are a mix of families and retires so there are always people around in the area and we have never had any problems with crime.
So before you set your mind investigate a little more about a specific area you may want to live. As in any large area there is good and bad. There are many areas in both county's I would not want to live and we enjoy a very quiet areas here in our part of Lehigh

Old 10-23-2007, 12:51 PM

172 posts, read 945,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiddle View Post
This is a good link for crime data in Lee County.

I was amazed how much is in east lee county - Lehigh Acres area,

The News-Press: Crime Map

This is the link of stories previously mentioned

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres

This story sort of tells it all

The News-Press, news-press.com, Lehigh Acres, Man shot during gas station robbery recovers (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070901/NEWS0103/709120388/1005/ACC - broken link)

Another good tracker is any sherriff dept in state usually has an arrest data base complete with photos

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/

Of course this wouldn't count City Of Ft. Myers as they have there own police force.

Also do a track of sex offenders - Fla is full of them in general

FDLE Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators

Not trying to paint a bad picture -I love Fla. but you have to know your neighborhood. I had a business in North Ft. Myers and I thought it was a shaky place but LA looks even worse.

Actually, the sheriff's website DOES show arrests in/from the city of Fort Myers. If you look next to each charge, it lists the arresting agent (FMPD, CCPD, LCSO, FHP).

Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,297 times
Default Lehigh

We just rented a home - built in the last 10 years - for Jan/Feb and part of March in Lehigh Acres. After reading all these comments, will it be a safe area just to rent?

Old 03-14-2012, 06:05 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miatajude52 View Post
We just rented a home - built in the last 10 years - for Jan/Feb and part of March in Lehigh Acres. After reading all these comments, will it be a safe area just to rent?

Honestly? No. Lehigh is a dump. Full of trash, (all colors), drugs and crime.

What a lot ppl don't know is that when the Michigan Links housing was torn down, those 'residents' and I use that term lightly, ( think ghetto within a ghetto) were all given homes in Lehigh where they continued their foolishness of drugs and crime. Lehigh is cheap, for a reason.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv3572 View Post
Anyone know where the fairly safe/good area's of Lehigh Acres are? My Parents are moving to Florida from Massachusetts and my father (old School) will not listen to anyone giving advice on different parts of the state. He has his heart and brain set on Lehigh Acres. Any correspondence will be appreciated.
Dad should listen for once, if he moves there now he'll regret it.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 AM

Daddy-o will get it when the first bullet come thru his front window or when they break into his house and rob him blind. Live and learn..sometimes you just have to live and learn.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:17 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Unfortunatly...Kim is right

Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Unfortunatly...Kim is right

thanks for understanding that I'm not trying to be negative or 'trolling'...I'm just telling it like it is.

I think Lehigh back in the day before Michigan Links got a hold of it, could have been another Cape Coral.....who knows??

Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
You were right on,Kim and you're helping people by getting that info out there.........and please don't think I'm against any kind of negative posts,because some times they are called for.....I'm always on Equals arse because he is just angry and negative about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area