Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 05:24 AM

7 posts, read 7,830 times

Advertisements

Well this is going to to somewhat long, but I want it to describe where I would like to live and was hoping I could get some advice. Anyways, I currently live in Albuquerque NM and I hate it. I grew up here and have gone to school here, and it's finally time to leave. I'm 24, male, no kids (or strings attached lol), I have a BA in sociology from UNM and still want to further my education. I like urban culture (nice resturaunts, cool bars, fun people, etc...). I also like outdoors, but don't mind driving to get there. I like places with a lot of stuff going on at most hours of the day/ night. I have not setteled on a career yet, but I am kinda interested in law enforcement (local or federal).

I have visited California (so cal) and was indifferent about it, I really liked Nor Cal (San Jose/ San Francisco), but I don't think I could actually live there because of the insane taxes/ no jobs/ expensive cost of living. I lived in Denver for a few months and kinda liked it, but it seemed too spread out and an Albuquerque type feel to it. Although I did like how fit and upbeat the downtown area was along with the close nature aspect. Places that are green appeal to me (like trees and grass instead of dirt and sand). But the urban environment appeals great too. Weather isn't so much a factor, although I perfer warm, I'm not too picky.

So what Is everyones suggestions or input?
PS: I typed all of this on my iPhone so sorry about the spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,820,272 times
Charlotte, NC or Phoenix, AZ....Both cities are up and coming..

Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 AM

414 posts, read 1,022,455 times
What don't you like about ABQ? Based on what you're interested in, I would suggest that as a place to live, but since you want to move away from that city...

Old 01-26-2011, 09:22 AM

6,830 posts, read 9,098,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Charlotte, NC or Phoenix, AZ....Both cities are up and coming..
I'd politely disagree about Charlotte. I hear folks complain about how boring it is. There is a lot happening in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area. I'd suggest checking it out. We have pretty hot and humid summers and cold and icy winters. Be prepared for that if you move here.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,820,272 times
Spot on Zitsky......Hey, Im with you..on Charlotte....just wanted someone else to put it out there........Everytime I try to put it out there...I get jumped on....

Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post
What don't you like about ABQ? Based on what you're interested in, I would suggest that as a place to live, but since you want to move away from that city...
NM wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't so much crime ( I live in a very nice part of town and there are always cars getting stolen and home invasions). Drugs ( heroin and meth notably) have become a huge issue, the illegals (Mexican) are taking a lot of the jobs, and overall poverty is a problem on the rise. Other than that stuff, it's just too small and not much to do.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 AM

From all my research, I'm beginning to lean toward DC or possible Seattle. I've been watching the weather patterns in Seattle and it seems to rain there pretty much all the time... Is this how it is there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues