Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 06:46 PM

473 posts, read 502,097 times

Advertisements

Rollaway bed mattresses are excellent if used on floor. Most are about 8" thick so not too bad even for a back sleeper if placed on floor but can take the cot too if you want. Can use truck tie down straps that ratchet hook to tie up mattress to put in back of car. Cot is much easier to transport than rollaway bed.

Love this little table/desk. Is very sturdy and height adjustable. It is half the price, around $20, at Lowes and Menards btw. LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Personal-Adju...ng+table&psc=1

I use camping cloth folding chairs. I really don't have a good review yet of any of these...Cheap is a bit unpleasant if you work online all day it it. Can pay to get cheap desk chair at Walmart, assemble it and just enjoy as investment if you work online. Can work nicely from the desk/table I recommended above.

I do transport a microwave and basic-mess kit for kitchen with skillet & bigger sauce pan, few dishes and few basic $$$ store items but this could easily be handled with a trip to thrift store. Sadly, I find microwaves to be in short supply at most Dollar Generals and not all rural locations even offer a Walmart so can be helpful to bring along microwave as I have bad skin allergies and microwaving meals is better for my skin.

Always found a local small town Sears store for mattresses and used furniture business that will deliver if you get multiple pieces. Is good investment if you are staying 6 months+ and cheaper than rental furniture places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 12:07 PM

6 posts, read 4,926 times
i highly recommend getting a hammock! ive been sleeping in one for over a year and its wonderful.
i was unable to sleep on a mattress because of back problems/ breathing issues, so i was looking into alternatives and found hammocks. definitely worth a look into. but you have to buy the kind that doesnt have the wood on the top or bottom, youll fall out of them haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues