Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 PM

375 posts, read 912,397 times

Advertisements

I love Chesapeake -- loved Fenwick Island. I'm originally from the DC area, so I grew up vacationing there. I'm trying to plan my move back, but it's a little upsetting to realize I spent so much money moving in the first place!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:29 AM

132 posts, read 446,197 times
My wife and I moved from NY to GA 6 years ago and finally decided that this place is just not for us. We miss NY so much, I personally was never fully happy down here. We're in the process of finding a job back up north so we can get the hell out.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:48 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,035 times
I moved to Cincinnati from Chicago for school and to be closer to my ex and after we broke up 6 months later and I had no friends (classmates werent very friendly) I was ready to leave. Its 4 years now and Im still here lol. I have more friends but there is no place like home. Im trying to move to michigan now and I hope this year is the last time I will be renewing my lease

good luck to everyone trying to find happiness!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:14 AM

356 posts, read 1,345,268 times
I have moved back here twice and I'm never leaving again. Once we moved across country and only stayed 6 months because my dh lost his job. The last time we moved to a small town in this state because we retired and thought we would like a small town. Big mistake! We lived there 2 years, but that's all we could stand.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:11 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,129 times
Ok, found this thread,and have to fess up. I wanna move!!! We moved from
New Mexico(lived there 5 yrs)to retire in my hubs hometown of Lompoc
Ca. I never really wanted to be here...I grew to love NM. BUT, here we are.
Bought a new home last yr. We have been here 8 yrs. And tho, its sorta
grown on me, I STILL think of moving. His job is here,(its a good job) we
have a nice new home, but still, I dream of moving back to the desert.
Part of the problem is MOST of HIS family live here. I think we did better
away from family,his and mine. Mine are in Bay Area,CA. I still think one
day we will leave....at least I hope.

Greenchili

Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 AM

698 posts, read 3,266,477 times
We moved from Florida(Orlando area) to North Carolina(Wilmington) five and a half years ago. The first year,we knew we had made a mistake but aren't able to move back because of the economy and job. We're just sitting tight for now and waiting on the economy and housing market to improve. Hopefully,someday we'll be able to move back to Florida. We want to move to Viera(Brevard County) about sixty miles from Orlando.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:22 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,908 times
I joined the military and moved away from Iowa in 2001, with every intention of moving back. I did my four years, got out and moved back home (Iowa) for about 6 months. I found out how much I had grown in those 4 years, and nothing had changed back home, so I went back in and moved away. I honestly don't think I could ever move back. It seems different now. Everything has stayed the same, but something is different. Just can't put my finger on it. Honestly, I think I'm the one who is different, and everything else stayed the same.

Iowa is always home, but I doubt I will ever move back.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:54 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,067,241 times
I just dream of living in a place where we can both work full time and save enough for a house.
I'm so tired of being unemployed and feeling powerless. We moved here 2 years ago in September and I have only worked 6 months (as a temp). My cousins left Vermont years ago due to lack of jobs and now I know what they were talking about.

It's a nice place to raise your child away from the rat race. It's a lovely state, full of parks, green places, and if you have a decent job you can enjoy it. I haven't had the pleasure of fulling enjoying it being out of work so long.

I've never looked so long and hard for a job. So, we're giving it a few more months till the lease ends and then...well...who knows? Trouble is, where do you go, especially in a bad economy? I hate to drag my son from school and my husband has a decent (though not enough for us to live on) job.

Somehow if we 'fail' here, I feel it's my fault, though I have tried.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Wash DC native here: born and raised.

I am one of those folks who moved away in 1978 never to return----------even for a visit. DC was never home to me.

In fact I have been east of the Rocky Mountains but one time to Florida-------and, hightailed it back to my spiritual hometown of SoCal. This occurred in 1982.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:37 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,803 times
I left home in 92, came back in 05
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues