Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 8,477 times

Advertisements

i live in ct. i was denied the iid machine for my vehicle at a hearing after 3 dwi,s when they told me i was eligible .what state will give me one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 04:35 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Why do certain states require you to take the driving test again when you transfer your license from an out-of-state one?

Old 06-11-2015, 03:46 AM

780 posts, read 1,343,764 times
Some of what I've read about FL is pretty funny. When I got my first drivers license in 1990, it was in Wyoming and you should have seen all the mistakes I made and *STILL* got the license ( and I didn't know the county clerk personally--who did my road test! )

The written exam you had to pass with at least a 70%, there were only 20 questions and you had to get just 14 of them correct.

After that, they have you look into this scope trying to find a small black dot on a railroad viaduct sign, and if you can't see it, they point it out to you after about 30 seconds, and then move on to the driving test.

On the driving test, first, I forgot to buckle my seat belt ( I blame that on my nerves at the time ) until about 2-3 min into driving, the clerk wasn't wearing hers herself and noticed it and reminded both of us to buckle up, and then she wanted me to parallel park pointing to 2 cars that were on the opposite side of a 2-way street, facing us.

I said to her "so you want me to drive around the block and park between car x and car y? " and at that point, I already passed where she wanted me to parallel park, and her response was "I should have docked you for not following instructions there, but I'll pass you anyway" and the entire road trip lasted about 5 min ( in a town of about 15k people. )

We just drove around a 4 or 5 block square in the middle of town and then parked the car. No parallel parking test whatsoever in the end.

I think the license fee was something like $20 and I had my license before walking out the door.

A year later, a co-worker of mine was stopped for DUI ( neighboring city ) on start of a weekend, and his punishment? the cops gave him a ride home so he wouldn't spend a Fri night in jail. Fined just $100 and no impounding of his car or anything ( the cops left it on the side of the street and just told him come get it when he sobers up. )

Old 01-26-2016, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,718 times
I need a driving licence, I'm from United Kingdom and I have a uk driving licence that's still valid but I need a US driving licence, how can I get a driving licence the easiest way. I live in Connecticut

Old 01-07-2017, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,268 times
I live in Macon ga and it's hard getting a driver license there,,, a lot of young black girls work there and they give they friends license lols I saw it happen !!! They need to close that place down !!!

Old 01-07-2017, 08:08 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,220,070 times
I got mine in NJ because that's where I was living at the time. It was pretty easy. The only "challenge" (if you wanna call it that) was the parallel parking

When I moved back to NYC and transferred my license I didn't have to retake the test. I didn't know some states even did that! It's a good thing too, because I don't have a car!

Old 03-09-2017, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,498 times
You know, I'm in CT. Got my license at 16. I'm 49. I was in Europe for 2yrs, ignorant to the fact that it was tune to renew, which in CT is pay the fee and get a new pic. Well, due to me mixing that deadline, I have to goto drivers ed, pass written, physical, driving tests. INSURE MY LICENSE!! That's if I pass the new written test which was 15 multiple choice, now 50 lengthy question/answer. Never had a ticket. Should have picked up a license in Eastern Europe for a 50$ US "bribe".

Old 03-11-2017, 05:33 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Texas. I was a lifelong New Yorker who didn't have a drivers license, when I joined the Army. I was stationed at Fort Hood, where they asked me to drive a truck from the motor pool to the depot. I told him that I did not have a drivers license. They instructed me to get into the truck and drive it anyway. When I got back to the motor pool they handed me a military drivers license. I took that down to the DMV, and they issued me a Texas license.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times
WA was easy.

We got ours right in the office that day.

They are not in compliance with federal REAL ID requirements, so it was ridiculously easy compared with another state we later moved to.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
What state you don't need to take a road test if you had a driver's permit over a year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.