Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 8,407 times

Advertisements

I rec'd a notice both certified and registered with a photo id...with only a name on it I dont recognize...what would they send it both certified and registered???sounds like they were trying to make sure I got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 7,032 times
I live in rural Texas. The good old (not good) boys run everything from the tax dept. to city government. I have lived in this small town for 20 years and not been a bother to anyone until the neighbor from HELL moved in next door. She (being a niece of the good old crooked boys) bought a 150K home for 30k. She decided it is better to steal my electric and water than pay for her own. Calling the cops did no good as they all went to school together, grew up together and married into each others "clans" and the good old cooked boys network is established. I am an outsider just wanting to live peacefully in the country. Since this happened they have tried to take my homestead and disability exemptions away from me. Talk about evil Fer's! Now I get a certified letter sent to my parents home so they can claim I live there and not in my home which is paid for and my primary residence. Should I just ignore this "certified" letter. I think they will claim I live there if I pick t up. This is one long nightmare and I am going to sell my house in 2017 after it is redone a bit. Any advise. I am a poor little lamb surrounded by packs of hillbilly wolves.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 6,512 times
Is registered mail and or certified mail proof that the person lives at that address?

Old 02-16-2017, 08:49 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times
Tell your parents not to open the letter. Have them write " Not at this address" on the envelope and put it back out into their mailbox for pick up

Things that are proof of address are where one is registered to vote, a driver's license, a car registration
( they should match ), utility bills, passport, income tax returns

Old 11-19-2017, 10:47 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
I got a notice of a certified letter and have to wait til tomorrow to get it. Very concerned it could be my old employer coming after me for trying to "solicit old clients", which I have not directly done. I've contacted a few and let them know I've changed jobs, but never tried to set up a meeting. I'm very worried. Left on bad terms because I took 2/3 of the investment department with me.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:03 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Fabian View Post
Is registered mail and or certified mail proof that the person lives at that address?
No it is just proof that someone at that address received the piece. If they paid more for restricted delivery then they have proof of the person it was addressed to actually signing for the piece. But still is not proof of residence or a work place

Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 AM

16 posts, read 22,330 times
You have the right to go to the post office and ask to see the piece of mail...also the notice left for you should have the sender's ZIP CODE on it as a minimum ! then you can maybe discern who it's from...lol....you can also simply ask the post office clerk for you to SEE the envelope first....and if you don't like what you see...simply tell the clerk "I'll be back later", take the receipt with you and walk out...lol.....I've done this a zillion times if I didn't want to accept the mail and have my signature on it for proof of delivery.....just be careful if the agent asks "are you refusing delivery" ?? you should say "No, I'll just be back later", and walk out....otherwise the agent might mark it "refused by addressee" and return it to the sender....just say " Hey, I'll be back a bit later to pick it up".....

Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 AM

15 posts, read 61,287 times
So what was the certified letter???? I have one coming from Coppell tx I i e in Arkansas I have no clue what it could be!!! So curious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.