Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somenobody View Post
Is it that she should know that people don't get Canadian TV in Detroit or that she should know that people do get Canadian TV in Detroit?

Because in Seattle and Western WA people do in fact get the CBC.
Well, I'd say it's a very good thing you get the CBC because then you can find out what is REALLY going on in your country. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:39 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Lol its sad reading this, everyone loves pointing out negatives
My friend from Iceland who now lives here in Minnesota had alot to say

Everything is huge, A small coke from McDonalds would be a large in Iceland.
Grocery stores seemed like factories to him, plus all the products were huge lol i took him to Sam's Club and he thought the place was just insane. He moved in with his brother in the southern Twin City suburbs (typical american suburb) and he was blown away how huge the homes are.

Customized cars, i remember driving around and we saw a car with 30 inch rims and he thought it was the craziest thing hed ever seen, i didnt think too much of it but we have 2 of them in my neighborhood. Plus we saw a car that was literally all dark dark black, lights windows rims grill everything and he also thought that was unusual how much crazy things we do to our cars.

Low gas prices. I remember me and some people were complaining about how i had to pay almost $3.70 a gallon for gas and hes always like "you really think thats alot?"

He was 17 his first year here and he couldn't believe how much slackers there were in High School. He was blown away about how so much students didnt even bring books to class, didnt listen to lessons, goofed off, skipped class, and didnt do any work.

He loved how attractive the women and men are. He said were all viewed as obese but he was surprised that the "obese people" actually dressed nice and actually looked good. He said people back home made it seem like all the obese people wear shirts that are too small for them and their belly sticking out and a lot of ketchup of mustard stains on their shirts.

He loves our variety of sports. He thought it was so cool how in most of our American cities we had a large baseball stadium, large football stadium, and a large arena.

The only thing he really hated about sports is when he tried to watch American Football but it drove him crazy because their seemed to be a commercial break ever 30 seconds.

He also loved how patriotic we are, Flags everywhere, cars with American bumper stickers and he loved how many people had the Support our troops license plates

Speaking of license plates he loved the variety of license plates each state had, Most of the cars in iceland only had one kind of license plate

"And here in the states we have all these fun and colorful license plates"

Last edited by iNviNciBL3; 05-08-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.