Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
Savannah will have skyscrapers as time goes. you guys have got to look at comprehensive plans for cities, Augusta, Macon, Columbus all have coprehensive plans on how to boom in the near or far future. It's all written and already happening so stop saying what you think. besides these are major cities and major cities don't stay small for everyou know. I'm speaking pre- K right now.

I mean come n of course Savannah and gainesville will be the first out of town cities to have a skyline, plus Augusta. so get real

And those that keep talking about all these classic cities in Georgia just saying if you know it or not Seattle, Sanfrancisco, and Oakland are the top 3 active cities in the U.S. so right now all these places are not all that, you're just defendingthe cities because you live there and were raised there and thats all you are used to. THERE ARE FAR BIGGER AND BETTER CITIES OUT THERE

I didn't mean to quote this. just got carried away.
Kindly show us these plans for highrise construction in Savannah. Apparently everyone here except you understands that Savannah's downtown is a protected historic district and such wrongheaded development as that will NEVER be permitted in future.
And if we give in to your demand that we stop saying what we think, what exactly ARE we supposed to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 04:53 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,534,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Kindly show us these plans for highrise construction in Savannah. Apparently everyone here except you understands that Savannah's downtown is a protected historic district and such wrongheaded development as that will NEVER be permitted in future.
And if we give in to your demand that we stop saying what we think, what exactly ARE we supposed to say?
Huchinson island is the future development. and the historic district is only the downtown area, that means near city hall, and the big tall white building. After that savannah is its own thing, and did you look at the comprehensive plan like I mentioned.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:10 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Quote:
Huchinson island is the future development. and the historic district is only the downtown area, that means near city hall, and the big tall white building. After that savannah is its own thing, and did you look at the comprehensive plan like I mentioned.
Did I miss something? Where is this 'comprehensive plan' you keep referring to? Please post it, and I will read it.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Did I miss something? Where is this 'comprehensive plan' you keep referring to? Please post it, and I will read it.
You should find it on this site
Comprehensive Plan

Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,976,920 times
Quote:
You should find it on this site
Comprehensive Plan
That says nothing about Hutchinson Island and the skyscrapers you were talking about earlier. Also, I should mention there are height restrictions already in place throughout the city.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 4,668 times
Cool Do sky-scrapers really matter?

You sure did get "carried away," atlanta-kid! Why all this obsession about sky-scrapers?

Macon has no sky-scrapers, but has unique architecture in most of its buildings. Savannah has no super tall buildings either, but is a city with unique history, some of it defined by unique design and town squares. Most cities in georgia are trying to protect/enhance heritage and retain each cities' special culture and history. A flat city like madison is endowed with southern charm through preservation of its old homes.

Much of atlanta's history, unfortunately, has been covered by concrete and glass. The interstate system you so love is mired with major traffic jams which gives one a long time to sit and "admire" all those fantastic sky-scrapers!!!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
That says nothing about Hutchinson Island and the skyscrapers you were talking about earlier. Also, I should mention there are height restrictions already in place throughout the city.
Just like tallahassee.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle ground View Post
You sure did get "carried away," atlanta-kid! Why all this obsession about sky-scrapers?

Macon has no sky-scrapers, but has unique architecture in most of its buildings. Savannah has no super tall buildings either, but is a city with unique history, some of it defined by unique design and town squares. Most cities in georgia are trying to protect/enhance heritage and retain each cities' special culture and history. A flat city like madison is endowed with southern charm through preservation of its old homes.

Much of atlanta's history, unfortunately, has been covered by concrete and glass. The interstate system you so love is mired with major traffic jams which gives one a long time to sit and "admire" all those fantastic sky-scrapers!!!
If you are from a small city, you will understand where I am going in the future.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:54 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,976,920 times
Quote:
Just like tallahassee.
I don't make the rules, I just tell it like it is.

You should listen to middle ground. He hit the nail on the head with this subject.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I don't make the rules, I just tell it like it is.

You should listen to middle ground. He hit the nail on the head with this subject.
Whos middle ground

never mind I see him

And no Georgia is going to grow up, you may not live to see it but they will. People make change, also including the mayors and governors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia