Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times

Advertisements

For license renewal, take three forms of ID *| ajc.com

Can we say BIG GOVERNMENT??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
*shrug* so what? When I moved back to GA last year, I took a birth certificate, passport, social security card, prior drivers license, and either bank statement or a utility bill because the web site wasn't specific, and I know that DMV workers, being the low grade state Gov employees that they are, can be fickle and stop things up if you don't offer them exactly (and only) what they want.

What's the big deal? It's a one-time thing.

I'm NOT saying I agree, I think all levels of Gov. are WAY too big, but on the scale of complaints, this is on the bottom of the list. Until there's a coup, Government is going to keep on it's current path.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
*shrug* so what? When I moved back to GA last year, I took a birth certificate, passport, social security card, prior drivers license, and either bank statement or a utility bill because the web site wasn't specific, and I know that DMV workers, being the low grade state Gov employees that they are, can be fickle and stop things up if you don't offer them exactly (and only) what they want.

What's the big deal? It's a one-time thing.

I'm NOT saying I agree, I think all levels of Gov. are WAY too big, but on the scale of complaints, this is on the bottom of the list. Until there's a coup, Government is going to keep on it's current path.
So you're telling me that my up-to-date passport is good enough to fly all over the world, but it's not enough to renew my driver's license, and that's okay? Give me a break.

Furthermore, I really, really, really hope this isn't a part of some politicians' efforts to make voting as hard as possible.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
There is nothing on your passport that says you live in Georgia, Thats why they need a bank/utility statement. I don't thing you have to show them your SS card, just need to show a document that has the number on it.

My son when for his permit last week, He used his Passport, and just had the ad valorem tax statement in the that we use for the statement & my drivers Licence (non secureID) ,
The clerk asked for his SSN, but did not ask to see the card. (But that was last week before the 7/1 date).
As of 7/1 they need a document that has the SSN on it, Does not have to be the card.

Secure ID - New Document Requirements

Old 07-03-2012, 04:29 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,376,611 times
Big gubmint? LOL.Yeah, I guess the Real Deal was a big government commie afterall. And so are all the elected representatives.
Next time vote for the democrat. They generally favor making it easier for people to do stuff like get licenses, register to vote, become a citizen etc etc. No ID? No problemo.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,462,062 times
From the AJC article:

Quote:
Those concerned about giving personal information to DDS can be assured the department can protect against hackers . ..
This is the same as saying "condoms can protect you against STDs." No form of electronic security is 100% secure.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,462,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Furthermore, I really, really, really hope this isn't a part of some politicians' efforts to make voting as hard as possible.
I am sure this is part of the justification.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:13 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
Big gubmint?
Next time vote for the democrat. They generally favor making it easier for people to do stuff like get licenses, register to vote, become a citizen etc etc. No ID? No problemo.
Well, sure they do. Not a citizen? Like you say, no problemo. Here's your license and voter registration. And now that you have them, kindly vote for us.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:47 PM

477 posts, read 365,254 times
Oh yay. I have to get my freakin license renewed in September...maybe this is why I can't do it online...this is absolutely stupid and pointless. I have been a licensed driver in Ga for 12 years give me a damn break already...I am disabled and I refuse to stand in some long line because some idiot in dc decides how to tell us to run things down here....

Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
Oh yay. I have to get my freakin license renewed in September...maybe this is why I can't do it online...this is absolutely stupid and pointless. I have been a licensed driver in Ga for 12 years give me a damn break already...I am disabled and I refuse to stand in some long line because some idiot in dc decides how to tell us to run things down here....
Apparently you must be an illegal citizen in disguise.

But hey, we gotta punish the innocent, just in case they aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia