Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:26 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
Whatever. I'm clearly unable to sway you one way or another, so I'll just stop. You sure haven't changed my mind.
I'm right there with you.

This person is on a mission or something... exaggeration at its best.

Mentioning Savannah was the icing on the cake. Sure, Savannah has crime. Always has. Savannah is doing just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 PM

29 posts, read 58,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I'm right there with you.

This person is on a mission or something... exaggeration at its best.

Mentioning Savannah was the icing on the cake. Sure, Savannah has crime. Always has. Savannah is doing just fine.
There's nothing like those "Rose-Colored Glasses".

Old 06-22-2014, 01:50 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Thanks Obama!
And....there in lies the problem, IGNORANCE that refuses to be educated! But carry on, if you must...

Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Report View Post
There's nothing like those "Rose-Colored Glasses".
If that's what you think. I'm not walking around afraid of my own shadow. I'm enjoying this great state we live in. I would suggest you do the same. If you're not happy, be proactive in your community or.. as much as I hate to say it.. move. Much more productive than exaggerating and ranting on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And....there in lies the problem, IGNORANCE that refuses to be educated! But carry on, if you must...
You hit the nail on the head. However, one would hope the ignorance is not carried on.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
If that's what you think. I'm not walking around afraid of my own shadow. I'm enjoying this great state we live in. I would suggest you do the same. If you're not happy, be proactive in your community or.. as much as I hate to say it.. move. Much more productive than exaggerating and ranting on the internet.

You hit the nail on the head. However, one would hope the ignorance is not carried on.
Yes WanderingImport, Pray that the ignorance will not be carried on.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM

Wandering Import, these latest news reports won't be for you. Go ahead and go back to sleep. Sweet dreams.

By the way, this is not about fear, it's about a lamentation. Just because the crime may not be as bad in your particular part of Georgia does not mean that it's not increasing in other parts of the state. Are you telling me that the news media outlets are exaggerating or making up these reports?

Tell that to the people who have lost children/husbands/wives/sisters/brothers/mothers/fathers due to the violence and drugs in these small Georgia towns. Until people wake from their slumber and bring attention to this, the drugs, violence and corruption will continue.

Why am I posting these news reports?

Well, let's see......maybe that's because I care about my home state of Georgia and would prefer that South Georgia NOT be turned into a third world country. I was born and raised in Georgia. This is not about an agenda - it's about a deep concern for what is happening in our state. It's a crying shame that CRIME is destroying this part of Georgia. And, if someone is not involved in actual illegal activity, there's a good chance that they're participating in very unethical behavior.

For those who are unaffected, count your blessings.

People mumble, "Well, I dee-clare, isn't that something! What are THEY going to do about it?"

By the way, someone shot a hole in the water tower yesterday (Not Kidding) ......in our "Water Tower Town".....twang....twang.....twang

Now, for more reports:

1. Greed in the Onion Fields: Vidalia onion farmer settles suit filed by workers | Online Athens

2. More Drug Arrests: Southeast Georgia Today Web Portal - Lyons Drug Raid

3. Vidalia Dentist Indicted: http://www.southeastgeorgiatoday.com...150&Itemid=117

4. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Committee on Colleges (SACS COC) voted to remove Brewton-Parker College from membership.
Three Controversial Christian Colleges Learn Their Accreditat... | Gleanings | ChristianityToday.com

5. Why don't you Google the controversial president of Brewton-Parker College in Mount Vernon, Georgia?
Just Google Ergun Caner Controversy and get a cup of coffee.

Last edited by Neptune Report; 06-27-2014 at 01:07 PM..

Old 06-28-2014, 12:56 AM

Are you trying to convince me of something? Your seemingly endless argument about crime in rural Georgia means nothing to me where I'm at.

Posting media reports doesn't do anything for me either except tell me you're just another sucker that believes everything they hear/read.

As I said before, you are free to think what you want. I'll be fine using my common sense walking around Savannah.
Get off the internet and get out and proactive in your community. Neighborhood watch. Something. Much more useful then telling a random person to keep dreaming. Good grief.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Are you trying to convince me of something? Your seemingly endless argument about crime in rural Georgia means nothing to me where I'm at.

Posting media reports doesn't do anything for me either except tell me you're just another sucker that believes everything they hear/read.

As I said before, you are free to think what you want. I'll be fine using my common sense walking around Savannah.
Get off the internet and get out and proactive in your community. Neighborhood watch. Something. Much more useful then telling a random person to keep dreaming. Good grief.
You just said it. This means nothing to you where you're located. You're near Atlanta, approximately three hours from this location. Therefore, since you don't live in or near this area and honestly don't know what is going on down here, (and you obviously think the local news reporters are lying about the latest homicide), it's extremely rude and ill-mannered to imply that I'm exaggerating......not to mention ignorant. It doesn't even make sense to accuse someone of exaggeration when you know nothing about the situation.

Plus, you honestly don't know how pro-active that we have been in this community. You neither know nor do you care. I'm trying to warn people who may be thinking about moving into this area. Again, this is not a good place to raise a child due to the education system. It's not a good place to come without a good job prospect or a way to make a stable living. It's not a place to relocate to if you're tired of crime, to include drug trafficking, burglary and shootings. People need to know this information.

You've been on City-Data for a very long time. You, of all people, should understand what this forum is about and why people come here for information, positive or negative. People are constantly asking questions about certain areas, to include employment, crime rate and cost of living. People come here for information and facts, not opinion and ego. What is your problem with me sharing some facts about a very compromised area of Georgia?

I'm glad that you are happy near Atlanta and you're current lifestyle is working out for you; however, that's no reason to be rude to people have experienced a different situation. Furthermore, if you don't like my posts, no one is forcing you to read them. Move on.

Last edited by Neptune Report; 06-28-2014 at 08:29 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 07:36 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
I know exactly what Neptune is talking about. I live in a small, rural town in North Carolina and we are experiencing much of the same. It was not this bad just 10 years ago or so. We used to be a community whose economy revolved around the mills and plants here, and now that their gone, things are getting worse all the time. The former spirit as you call it, and pride of the town is evaporating. I regularly see in the local paper mugshot now more than the usual suspects...more and more there are middle-aged and older people of all races getting caught up in drug dealings and other crimes. Unfortunately, it is not just these types of crimes, more and more we are seeing child abuse and sexual predator charges, and corruption at the city and county levels; a general social decay and downturn.

People tend to think that moving from the cities to these rural countrysides is a way to escape crime, and at one time that had some truth to it, but not anymore. But I spent some time traveling across the country with an eye towards relocating, and I saw this problem everywhere I went in small towns and rural areas. People who can afford to live in a well-to-do suburban area are probably the safest and best off in these times. Unfortunatly, many of us are not able to relocate to such areas.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Report View Post
You just said it. This means nothing to you where you're located. You're near Atlanta, approximately three hours from this location. Therefore, since you don't live in or near this area and honestly don't know what is going on down here, (and you obviously think the local news reporters are lying about the latest homicide), it's extremely rude and ill-mannered to imply that I'm exaggerating......not to mention ignorant. It doesn't even make sense to accuse someone of exaggeration when you know nothing about the situation.

Plus, you honestly don't know how pro-active that we have been in this community. You neither know nor do you care. I'm trying to warn people who may be thinking about moving into this area. Again, this is not a good place to raise a child due to the education system. It's not a good place to come without a good job prospect or a way to make a stable living. It's not a place to relocate to if you're tired of crime, to include drug trafficking, burglary and shootings. People need to know this information.

You've been on City-Data for a very long time. You, of all people, should understand what this forum is about and why people come here for information, positive or negative. People are constantly asking questions about certain areas, to include employment, crime rate and cost of living. People come here for information and facts, not opinion and ego. What is your problem with me sharing some facts about a very compromised area of Georgia?

I'm glad that you are happy near Atlanta and you're current lifestyle is working out for you; however, that's no reason to be rude to people have experienced a different situation. Furthermore, if you don't like my posts, no one is forcing you to read them. Move on.
I stopped reading after you falsely implied that I know nothing about what is going on down there. I believe it is you that is assuming a bit much here.
Just because I don't live there (I DID for 20 years) does NOT mean I know nothing. I've spent more than enough time in Southeast Georgia to not have to get my info from the media.

You have been insulting me from the moment I commented so I'm not sure if you think I'm a threat to the point you are trying so desperately to make or if you just can't handle a different perspective on things. Either way, I have spent too much time on this useless exchange.
Good luck with your trolling.

Last edited by WanderingImport; 06-29-2014 at 09:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia