Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 08:27 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,928,555 times

Advertisements

You made me curious about Athens. We are outside of Savannah and are always on the hunt for places to visit close by. It looks like there are several art museums and a botanical garden, which I’d enjoy seeing.

Don’t be deterred by the oppressive humidity. You do get used to it after a few summers, and north GA won’t be as bad as coastal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 04:48 PM

167 posts, read 590,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You made me curious about Athens. We are outside of Savannah and are always on the hunt for places to visit close by. It looks like there are several art museums and a botanical garden, which I’d enjoy seeing.
I believe there’s also a free zoo.

Quote:
Don’t be deterred by the oppressive humidity. You do get used to it after a few summers, and north GA won’t be as bad as coastal.
August will definitely show me how it is, so we’ll see. I lived on Long Island for 10 years and didn’t have central air, but that was when I was much younger.

Right now, I live near Death Valley. It’s been over 110F every day this week, with only 8% humidity. I think my skin will love the increase!

Old 07-17-2021, 06:08 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmaven View Post
I believe there’s also a free zoo.

August will definitely show me how it is, so we’ll see. I lived on Long Island for 10 years and didn’t have central air, but that was when I was much younger.

Right now, I live near Death Valley. It’s been over 110F every day this week, with only 8% humidity. I think my skin will love the increase!
We have a brick ranch in Augusta and the days have been above 90 degrees and the nights around 75. It’s very hot and humid. We keep the AC off during the day and the house holds in the cool are for pretty much most of the day. We only turn the AC on at night to 72 degrees. We lived in Hawaii for a little with no AC and though the days were hot and the house would get hot, the nights were amazing. Once the sun goes down, the nights get a little chilly.

Augusta is a really nice place too. Very pretty. We live in the Bynwood area of West Augusta. Very mature neighborhood with massive trees. It’s starting to get a bit pricey there with home values.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:55 PM

167 posts, read 590,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
We have a brick ranch in Augusta and the days have been above 90 degrees and the nights around 75. It’s very hot and humid. We keep the AC off during the day and the house holds in the cool are for pretty much most of the day. We only turn the AC on at night to 72 degrees.
I remember doing something similar when I lived in WA state. We had no A/C but if we opened up the windows at night, then closed everything up before it got hot, the house kept cool. If all failed, we would hang out in the below ground crawl space where it was always chilly. A couple of buckets as chairs, a good book and a soda, and we were fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia