Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2006, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 6,225 times

Advertisements

Lawrenceville, GA ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Central Fla, (Orlando) and am wanting to relocate to Ga, preferably Lawrenceville. I have checked the local papaers for homes, jobs, etc, and have even been there once to look @ the town. I grew up in a smaller town of Fla. lived in Fla all my life, and it's time for a change.

What information can anyone give me on Lawrenceville? All the good and bad. i.e. crime, housing, job market, etc. I want to work in Atlanta, so the commute is not a problem. I need a slower paced, comfortable hometown feeling to live in.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 PM

722 posts, read 3,319,243 times
Lawrenceville has an old timey town square but the rest is not very slow paced or homey. It's a growing area with growing diversity. The traffic can be bad but that's what Gwinnett is known for. I'm sure the crime is about average, and the job market is definitely above average considering the huge amount of people and jobs moving to the area. There is plenty of housing always going up which is relatively cheap, considering where you're from, and it's good that you don't mind the commute into Atlanta, because it can be bad. Overall, I'd say Lawrenceville is a good choice, but who knows if it'll be the same in the future.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:31 PM

13 posts, read 43,129 times
Default I need a job in Lawrenceville can you help?

Dear Sir or Madam:

I moved from Lawrenceville in the Spring and I got a job in Atlanta. I have to commute every day 2 to 4 hours total and I am exhausted. Could you tell me if you know who is hiring in Lawrenceville? The problem is that I make more than $50,000 and I do not know if there are companies that are willing to pay at least that. I need the money to pay my bills because I was out of work for 3 months. I do administrative work and I have worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 10 years and in the clinical trials area for 5. If you know of a company or of anyone that could help please let me know. Thanks

By the way your explanation of Lawrenceville was excellent. I just want to put it out there. I have been here for about 8 months now and I love Lawrenceville, Georgia with the exception of the traffic. If that is the only complaint that I have I guess I am doing okay.

Kind regards,
annawot3@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
Lawrenceville has an old timey town square but the rest is not very slow paced or homey. It's a growing area with growing diversity. The traffic can be bad but that's what Gwinnett is known for. I'm sure the crime is about average, and the job market is definitely above average considering the huge amount of people and jobs moving to the area. There is plenty of housing always going up which is relatively cheap, considering where you're from, and it's good that you don't mind the commute into Atlanta, because it can be bad. Overall, I'd say Lawrenceville is a good choice, but who knows if it'll be the same in the future.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,552 times
Default Stay Away!

DO NOT MOVE TO LAWRENCEVILLE!!!!

If you are from a major city, or even a major town, you will HATE it here!!! The commute to Atlanta is a nightmare, the place is as slow as molasses - plus no one ever comes out of their homes (talk about serious couch potatoes), and there is NO such thing as good customer service here. Vendors miss appointments without an apology or any notice, so regularly it is considered the Rule and not the Exception. Utility services here are so shoddy it is unreal... I have at least a dozen stories about shoddy customer service from utility companies here. Landlords and property management companies do pretty much whatever they feel like because they are unchecked and regulations are not enforced. I feel like I'm living in some backwoods town in the 50's.

Can you believe that residents of the City of Lawrenceville had NO or very low gas service DURING two snow storms this winter when temps dropped to low single digits? Why they didn't prepare (like every other town) for the cold temps is beyond me. Its like we're living in some ugly version of the Twilight Zone.

"Many residents in the City of Lawrenceville woke up to extra cold houses Tuesday morning. The subfreezing temperatures overnight caused issues for the City of Lawrenceville's gas lines.

"I woke up this morning and the upstairs unit was off and it wouldn't kick on," said city resident Eric Reid. "I turned on the gas fireplace and it was puttering." That's when he realized the issue may have been with the city's gas lines.

"We're experiencing low pressure right now due to extreme cold temperatures," said Todd Hardigree, Assistant Director of the city's gas department
." ~ The Lawrenceville Patch

We are from a major city up north and have already made plans to move out of Lawrenceville aka Nightmare in Wonderland at the end of our lease. Thank God we waited to buy. We are moving to Atlanta ITP as soon as we are able.

If you're from small town USA or are use to "small town life" then this horrible place may work for you, but if you're from a larger town, city, or metropolis, and are use to people showing up when they say, utilities working as they should, or basically a majority of people acting with honor and integrity then STAY WAY!!! You have been warned.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:16 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,985,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybrown3000 View Post
DO NOT MOVE TO LAWRENCEVILLE!!!!

If you are from a major city, or even a major town, you will HATE it here!!! The commute to Atlanta is a nightmare, the place is as slow as molasses - plus no one ever comes out of their homes (talk about serious couch potatoes), and there is NO such thing as good customer service here. Vendors miss appointments without an apology or any notice, so regularly it is considered the Rule and not the Exception. Utility services here are so shoddy it is unreal... I have at least a dozen stories about shoddy customer service from utility companies here. Landlords and property management companies do pretty much whatever they feel like because they are unchecked and regulations are not enforced. I feel like I'm living in some backwoods town in the 50's.

Can you believe that residents of the City of Lawrenceville had NO or very low gas service DURING two snow storms this winter when temps dropped to low single digits? Why they didn't prepare (like every other town) for the cold temps is beyond me. Its like we're living in some ugly version of the Twilight Zone.

"Many residents in the City of Lawrenceville woke up to extra cold houses Tuesday morning. The subfreezing temperatures overnight caused issues for the City of Lawrenceville's gas lines.

"I woke up this morning and the upstairs unit was off and it wouldn't kick on," said city resident Eric Reid. "I turned on the gas fireplace and it was puttering." That's when he realized the issue may have been with the city's gas lines.

"We're experiencing low pressure right now due to extreme cold temperatures," said Todd Hardigree, Assistant Director of the city's gas department
." ~ The Lawrenceville Patch

We are from a major city up north and have already made plans to move out of Lawrenceville aka Nightmare in Wonderland at the end of our lease. Thank God we waited to buy. We are moving to Atlanta ITP as soon as we are able.

If you're from small town USA or are use to "small town life" then this horrible place may work for you, but if you're from a larger town, city, or metropolis, and are use to people showing up when they say, utilities working as they should, or basically a majority of people acting with honor and integrity then STAY WAY!!! You have been warned.
It's posts like this that people need to take with a serious grain of salt. Notice how this person goes way out of their way to post an incredibly long post with nothing but negatives and not one positive.

Okay, so Lawrenceville may not be Mayberry by any means (and I personally don't care for suburbia myself) but there ARE good things about this place. The historic downtown for one. Very quaint and charming.

Also, how does this person possibly know that every person in this town is a couch potato and lazy. Very much generalization. I could go further, but I'm sure most will catch my point.

Side note: Posts produced are at 1 and they're responding to a thread created in 2006. Why would you go out of your way to create a profile just to bash a place in to the ground? Must be a slow day for them. Gotta love these newbie posters... or as some might call 'em, one and done posters.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,790,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
It's posts like this that people need to take with a serious grain of salt. Notice how this person goes way out of their way to post an incredibly long post with nothing but negatives and not one positive.

Okay, so Lawrenceville may not be Mayberry by any means (and I personally don't care for suburbia myself) but there ARE good things about this place. The historic downtown for one. Very quaint and charming.

Also, how does this person possibly know that every person in this town is a couch potato and lazy. Very much generalization. I could go further, but I'm sure most will catch my point.

Side note: Posts produced are at 1 and they're responding to a thread created in 2006. Why would you go out of your way to create a profile just to bash a place in to the ground? Must be a slow day for them. Gotta love these newbie posters... or as some might call 'em, one and done posters.
Well that and after reading their post their opinion seems to be entirely formed by a single bad experience at an apartment complex or rental house with a property management company and was agitated with public utility services at that one place.

It isn't really an opinion about the whole area.

it is an area where most people own their own home and your own home is what you make out of it. You can also get a decent amount of house for the money.

As far as the complaints about public utilities and them keeping appointments... I'm a bit befuddled... That isn't a lawrenceville problem, a OTP vs ITP problem, an Atlanta problem, or any thing else. It is pretty much a universal problem that people complain about in many other places. Perhaps this person is young or hasn't moved around much.

The only thing I can think that would be different between various places is the water and sewer, which is run by the county. Each county operates their own system differently. Gwinnett has one of the best, newest, and most up to date systems out there.

As for gas and power, with a few exceptions in a few small areas, it is all the same company whether you're in Gwinnett or ITP. If they got mad because they lost power after a large storm... that isn't a Lawrenceville vs ITP issue, that is a living in a humid, subtropical climate with lots of pine trees problem. It happens all over every few years. I guess I'm a bit perplexed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia