Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,753,269 times

Advertisements

Our grandson asked DH what his color of hair is called. DH told him “Salt and Pepper”. Our grandson thought about this for a minute and then said “Grandpa, I think salt is winning”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 09:10 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,605 times
I was stepping out of the shower and my 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter (who doesn't feel that anyone should be on the other side of a closed door from her.....) was "supervising". She took one look at the tattoo on my back and ran down the hall screaming, "MOMMEEEEE! MEEMAW WRITED ON HERSELFFFFFF! SHE NOT SPOSE TO WRITE ON HERSELFFFFFF! YOU TELL HER!!!!"

Ratted out by my spawn's spawn's spawn.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:33 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
My 4 yo grandson ran over excitedly and said "Gramma, I never knew before that you are Daddy's MOTHER! . . . But you're still MY Gramma.
Lovely!

Its so much fun when grandchild discovers something like this for the first time.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I was stepping out of the shower and my 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter (who doesn't feel that anyone should be on the other side of a closed door from her.....) was "supervising". She took one look at the tattoo on my back and ran down the hall screaming, "MOMMEEEEE! MEEMAW WRITED ON HERSELFFFFFF! SHE NOT SPOSE TO WRITE ON HERSELFFFFFF! YOU TELL HER!!!!"

Ratted out by my spawn's spawn's spawn.
Made me laugh!

Old 02-25-2020, 08:12 PM

282 posts, read 247,844 times
My daughter and son in law recently told their little ones (boy age 2, and girl age 4) that they were going to have another baby in the family. My granddaughter was panicked... She immediately questioned
"OH NO! WHO IS GONNA BE THE MOTHER?!!! Mama quickly reassured her "Don't worry, I'll be the mother, I've got it covered" ... My granddaughter was greatly relieved! lol! So cute!

Old 02-26-2020, 01:20 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,986 times
I was driving my 5-year-old granddaughter home from school. From the back seat, she said, "Grandma?" I answered, "Yes?"

She asked, "When babies are born, what are they wearing?" I explained that babies aren't wearing anything when they're born.

She was shocked. She said, "They're NAKED? No shirt? No underwear?"

I tried to explain about the difficulty of getting baby clothes into the mommy's tummy, but I don't think she was buying it.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:35 PM

My 2nd grade granddaughter told me today that she likes Wednesdays because that day she did not have homework, and that after school she gets to “hang with” us (Grandparents).

She also said her teacher was “fifty something” and “you’re seventy something” (me) and “you have a better memory than she does.” This is funny to me, because she occasionally tells funny jokes which I can’t remember well enough to retell them!

Old 01-25-2021, 08:05 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Pandemic and Grandkids

It's been a year now since we've seen several of our grandchildren that live out of state. It's heartbreaking. We're not able to bond with the littlest ones. However, we get little bits of joy from phone calls, face time and videos.

My son put my 18 month old granddaughter on FaceTime to tell me happy birthday. She would throw up her left arm and yell "Happy!" He kept saying, "say happy birthday" and she would repeat her left arm up and "Happy!" about 5 more times. Best present ever for me!

Fast forward to Christmas and my husband and I joined on a FaceTime call to let her show us her Christmas presents. She's talking a bit better now. At one point I moved out of the camera range and she peered into the phone immediately and said "where's Grandma?" My heart melted because she still does remember me.

Our other little 3 year old granddaughter made my husband's day. She called to tell me she missed the grandpa who wears the orange shirts (he does) and calls her silly names.

My absolute favorite though, my daughter in law sent me a video of my granddaughter and her 5 year old brother after I had surgery for 2 broken arms. He said, very seriously and sweetly, "Grandma, I'm here because I want to tell you that I love you" and then she said "Yes, Grandma, I just want to say I love you." I have watched that video at least 100 times.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Pandemic and Grandkids

It's been a year now since we've seen several of our grandchildren that live out of state. It's heartbreaking. We're not able to bond with the littlest ones. However, we get little bits of joy from phone calls, face time and videos.

My son put my 18 month old granddaughter on FaceTime to tell me happy birthday. She would throw up her left arm and yell "Happy!" He kept saying, "say happy birthday" and she would repeat her left arm up and "Happy!" about 5 more times. Best present ever for me!

Fast forward to Christmas and my husband and I joined on a FaceTime call to let her show us her Christmas presents. She's talking a bit better now. At one point I moved out of the camera range and she peered into the phone immediately and said "where's Grandma?" My heart melted because she still does remember me.

Our other little 3 year old granddaughter made my husband's day. She called to tell me she missed the grandpa who wears the orange shirts (he does) and calls her silly names.

My absolute favorite though, my daughter in law sent me a video of my granddaughter and her 5 year old brother after I had surgery for 2 broken arms. He said, very seriously and sweetly, "Grandma, I'm here because I want to tell you that I love you" and then she said "Yes, Grandma, I just want to say I love you." I have watched that video at least 100 times.
Well, of course you did!

Old 09-19-2021, 12:28 PM

138 posts, read 187,382 times
We have a couple of grandkids (8 and 10) who live with us and my husband and I decided it was time to teach them to be fiscally responsible. I was explaining to our 8 y/o grandson that he would have to put half of any money he received in a spending account and the other half into savings. He asked if he could put more into his savings account. I was a bit surprised, but said that he definitely could. I also told him, though, that he could never give less than half to savings. He was fine with that. What surprised me even more was when he told me that I could have his spending money to help pay for groceries. His generosity overwhelmed me! I told him I appreciated the offer, but that Grandpa and I had that covered and he could spend his money as he wished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents