Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:25 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times

Advertisements

So what we seem to have here is a campaign more dominated by grass-roots populism than any in recent history; the Democrats have always had a populist component, which they have been successful in merging into a coalition. But some groups within that coalition have become disenchanted by some aspects of the "progressive" agenda and moved toward Trump's camp -- leaving many independents, plus the two "ideological" parties, effectively on the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You worry too much. Right wing desperate hopes for Hillary having sever health problems just aren't bearing fruit. She'll be back on the campaign trail soon.

Sit back and enjoy the spectacle as she dumps Drumpf.
(emphasis added)

Unless Trump pulls stronger-than-expected support among the disaffected and excluded groups cited above, or fate "blows the whistle" on Clinton.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-14-2016 at 10:34 AM..

Old 09-14-2016, 10:31 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,773,896 times
I'm pretty sure the democratic party would just replace her with a candidate. To be honest, I think it is likely the democrat would still win the election.

After all, fair or not, Trump is despised by many and virtually any democrat that was nominated would get all of the anti-trump vote and would likely not have the baggage that Hillary has.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:46 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,573,451 times
If something similar should happen to Trump it will be interesting to watch the Republican Party settle on a replacement.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:25 PM

3,261 posts, read 3,773,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
If something similar should happen to Trump it will be interesting to watch the Republican Party settle on a replacement.
It would probably be a good thing for the republicans. There are a lot of people out there who will never vote for Hillary but are quite disgusted with Trump. I imagine if Kasich, Rubio, or even Cruz had won the nomination, they'd be leading Clinton right now.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
It would probably be a good thing for the republicans. There are a lot of people out there who will never vote for Hillary but are quite disgusted with Trump. I imagine if Kasich, Rubio, or even Cruz had won the nomination, they'd be leading Clinton right now.
Probably true....

Summary.

If Hillary left the field the country would probably elect Tim K or Bernie or Biden or whoever was put forward. In fact, ALL of them would probably get more votes than Hillary would.

If Trump left and Hillary stayed, the GOP would probably have a better chance with Kasich. I don't think little marco or pastor ted would win...weak candidates for the general compared to Kasich.

Kasich has curried favor with a lot of independents, dems and repubs by dissing Trump.

So there is the Great Game.

Odds are the field will stay as-is and odds are the D will win (ask Nate Silver)

Old 09-14-2016, 08:47 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
First of all, I can't imagine any Presidential candidate that goes through an abusive, tortuous 2-year campaign without suffering some health problems along the way, or dropping dead on Election Day, and once sworn in, they should be given a 2-month vacation to recuperate! Imagine, every day, shaking all those hands, sporting a smile for all those endless selfies, whereas you'd rather cry instead!

I was reading an article this morning about Hillary, where she never takes time off, can put in 20 hours a day, with her aides not being able to keep up with her. A knock-down-drag-out workaholic!

If Hillary should falter, have a stroke, I would hope that this event would transform future political presidential campaigns to more conform to other presidential campaigns elsewhere in the world: 3 months of campaigning, not 2 years!

Old 09-14-2016, 08:49 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,322,562 times
You're thinking there would be no Democratic nominee. They'll wheel Hill's corpse into the White House.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:37 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,589,954 times
LOL LOL LOL! Step aside? Pushed out?

Getting back to reality, now. Hillary Clinton has no abnormal or significant health issues. She's an accomplished, experienced, qualified candidate for the Presidency, who will neither be pushed out (by whom? she's a popular candidate with her party) nor step aside. Why anyone would think she would step aside is beyond me. Why would she do that? She's the candidate most likely to become the next President.

This witch hunt campaign against Hillary Clinton, being conducted by low worms who make a living doing just that, has been going on for about 20 years. The Clintons are used to this by now.

Witch hunts are waged by people who have nothing else to run on. They're effective on uninformed, uneducated people (Trump's supporters). But it doesn't help the Witch Hunter that much, if there's no qualified presidential candidate underneath.

Hillary Clinton withdrawing is about as likely as it was that Margaret Thatcher would withdraw.

Old 09-15-2016, 02:45 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,589,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
First of all, I can't imagine any Presidential candidate that goes through an abusive, tortuous 2-year campaign without suffering some health problems along the way, or dropping dead on Election Day, and once sworn in, they should be given a 2-month vacation to recuperate! Imagine, every day, shaking all those hands, sporting a smile for all those endless selfies, whereas you'd rather cry instead!

I was reading an article this morning about Hillary, where she never takes time off, can put in 20 hours a day, with her aides not being able to keep up with her. A knock-down-drag-out workaholic!

If Hillary should falter, have a stroke, I would hope that this event would transform future political presidential campaigns to more conform to other presidential campaigns elsewhere in the world: 3 months of campaigning, not 2 years!
Hillary Clinton has no significant or abnormal health problems. She has what everyone has: colds, pneumonia, allergies, etc. No big deal. That's excellent for someone who is 68.

Her health is no issue whatsoever. This is misdirection by Trump's hit man.

Of the two, Trump is far more likely to have a stroke, since he is obese, older (he is almost at the average lifespan of the white American male), and has some health issues like high cholesterol and I think high blood pressure. As everyone knows, strokes are related to blood pressure.

The most likely thing to hit Trump, I would think, would be heart trouble (like Cheney), given his health, age, and weight.

But if it was okay for Cheney to have a heart attack and bypass surgery, and for FDR to live in a wheelchair, then it's okay for Hillary to get a cold and Trump to take statins.

Trump has health problems. His hit man is hitting Hillary for health problems because Trump has them; it is in Carl Rove's book: You take your own weakness, and then accuse the other side of having it. Then, when they point out that you are the one with the weakness, it sounds defensive and not true. This health thing is a classic example.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:09 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,877,101 times
The Clintons are not evil nor stupid, but rather evasive to a point of making for a disturbed society . They and their protective minions create a carnival of mistrust dating back decades. They circumvent rules, laws , ethics, and proliferate an extreme leftist ideology founded on political
correctness and whatever fits their weird agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.