Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 08:53 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

Greensboro's beltway which will encircle the entire city is taking shape. The majority of the loop is complete and will alleviate traffic across the city and help spur development. Currently construction is underway on the northwestern loop and it will include one of the longest bridges in the region which will span almost a mile long over wetlands. It will actually be a pair of bridges (for north and southbound lanes) and they will stand 40 feet over the ground.

Bridge for Greensboro Urban Loop will be among Piedmont Triad's longest - Greensboro News & Record: News

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 05:19 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
This will really relieve the rush hour traffic on Battleground, which has steadily gotten worse over the last 3 years.
Then again, i mainly take lawndale, which is also becoming crowded.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:33 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
This will really relieve the rush hour traffic on Battleground, which has steadily gotten worse over the last 3 years.
Do you think so? It seems like a beltway is more about moving cars around the city, so I can see this taking cars off I-40. But isn't most traffic on Battleground more local in nature, going from downtown to the New Garden area, for example?

Old 08-01-2015, 03:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
It's become worse because of the 220 project which, will be completed and alleviate traffic long before the loop is opened.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:09 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Quote:

The expansion of north 220 towards Summerfield will greatly help with that! I imagine the real estate values up there will skyrocket.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:10 PM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Great photos gsoboi78! You've been busy!

Old 08-16-2015, 06:45 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
There are four or five miles of this type highway taking US17 around Little Washington.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:11 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
I've been sitting back in Oak Ridge and just watching this take shape. I do hope this helps to alleviate traffic on roads like 68 and Battleground. Part of this new loop is going right past our neighborhood. I've thought about building a little "bat cave" road to shortcut onto it when it opens up! (Kidding of course!)

I am definitely curious to see how much development this spurs in the next 10 years.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:06 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
As I exit on to Burlington Rd from I-840 I can't help but wonder how much money could have been saved if the bridges would have constructed then instead of now.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:57 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,958,699 times
This project is coming along rather quickly now, The Bryan Boulevard to Battleground Section is already graded and ready to be paved, i drove by earlier and they already have the Tar machines assembled and ready to begin work. All of this new development has seemed to cause a massive boost in overall development around the North Side of Greensboro in the last two years. There are many new Sub divisions and Apartment complexes being built right now.

But it seems the locals are having a hard time adjusting to the explosion in Growth, Earlier at my job, I was talking to a local man who was very upset because a new apartment complex is being built right across the street from him, And the Loop construction is not too far behind him and his home. He told me he might pack it up and move to Reidsville or Burlington where he can find some peace and quiet in his golden years, He told me a while back that side of Greensboro was isolated and quiet as a mouse, but now it's just heavy machinery, loud bangs, traffic buildups and more airplanes.

I for one, like change. I like to see cities grow and prosper, There will always be growing pains in transitions like this, but it's for the greater good I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point