Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times

Advertisements

Interesting article, hope it happens.

Sorry, a bit OT:

I'm an E-AB builder/owner considering a relo to the area. Avid/Kitfox size TD and amphib. Are there private hangars on private use airstrips for rent in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area? GOOG was a bust. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 02:30 PM

97 posts, read 70,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholly View Post
Interesting article, hope it happens.

Sorry, a bit OT:

I'm an E-AB builder/owner considering a relo to the area. Avid/Kitfox size TD and amphib. Are there private hangars on private use airstrips for rent in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area? GOOG was a bust. Thanks.
I know very little about the subject, but maybe try Air Harbor Airport on the north side of Greensboro?

Old 12-10-2021, 05:14 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Quote:
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Guilford County Commissioners could sweeten a deal to lure a company to the Piedmont Triad International Airport.
County leaders plan to hold a public hearing next week to consider adding an additional $2 million in incentives. It would be added to the $100 million already approved by state lawmakers, earlier this week to entice an airplane manufacturer to the airport.
https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...6-c21a171ef4ac

Old 12-11-2021, 08:49 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
Site Selection lists the Greensboro/High Point as an emerging aerospace hub.

"Several metros are emerging in the aerospace market including Greensboro-High Point NC MSA, home to Honda Aircraft Company producing the new HondaJet"

https://siteselection.com/issues/201...ufacturing.cfm

While there will eventually be limited land at the airport, there are surrounding properties nearby where aerospace companies may not require hangers or runways. I think High Point and Forsyth County/Winston-Salem can benefit from this as well and maybe this could be the industrial focus of the " Heart of the Triad" proposal that seems to have been put back burner. Imagine thousands of acres of land straddling Guilford/ Forsyth County Line being home to high paying aerospace companies with associated manufacturing combined with a smart growth planning for residential, retail and recreation. Similar to RTP in the Triangle but the focus would be in the aerospace sector and would be a better planned mixed-use development. This is where Triad leaders from Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem can come together and turn the region into a much bigger aerospace hub which would extend beyond Greensboro proper. In addition to manufacturing jets, airplane, jet engines, aviation components and things of the like, I'd like to see the region reach higher. Once we establish ourselves as a formidable aerospace region, I'd like to see the region seek partnerships with NASA and private space travel companies to manufacture portions of space technology. NASA could have a partnership with North Carolina A&T State University, the Triad's premier engineering school. Research could take place in Greensboro's future innovation district and the Innovation Quarter in Winston-Salem. If the Triad can get to that level, we will rival RTP in the Triangle in terms of the number of high paying jobs and having a world class image and there are so many different areas of aerospace technology the Triad can get into. Advanced computer/navigation technologies and much more. This could be the Triad's niche. We'll never become a banking hub like Charlotte or a biotechnology hub as big as RTP, but the seeds have been sowed for the region making its mark in the aerospace sector. But it will take leaders beyond the city limits of Greensboro to make it happen. North Carolina is First in Flight and we should be the hub of the aerospace industry.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-11-2021 at 09:37 AM..

Old 12-11-2021, 09:24 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
That would be amazing @gsoboi78. But it's gotta take Greensboro and Winston working together and as you know, that' appears to be alot to ask for...maybe it's due to the distance between Greensboro and Winston. It's not alot but enough to seem like 2 different worlds. I go to Winston just about every wknd and once u get to Peter's Creek Parkway it's been enough of a drive for me lol.. so by the time I make it to Reynolda or Country Club Rd. I personally feel like I'm in a whole different galaxy far far away from Greensboro !

Old 12-11-2021, 09:47 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
That would be amazing @gsoboi78. But it's gotta take Greensboro and Winston working together and as you know, that' appears to be alot to ask for...maybe it's due to the distance between Greensboro and Winston. It's not alot but enough to seem like 2 different worlds. I go to Winston just about every wknd and once u get to Peter's Creek Parkway it's been enough of a drive for me lol.. so by the time I make it to Reynolda or Country Club Rd. I personally feel like I'm in a whole different galaxy far far away from Greensboro !
This could very well be our ticket for this region to see explosive economic growth like in Charlotte and the Triangle. The seeds have been planted for this but leadership in the Triad must open their eyes. This is not just about Greensboro. This could be something that not only benefits the Triad but it can form a much stronger partnership between Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point. This must happen if we are going to compete with the likes of Atlanta, Charlotte or the Triangle. Winston-Salem can use success at PTI for leverage in attracting some aerospace companies at Smith Reynolds Airport. Collins Aerospace already has set up shop there. Maybe convert it to a research type airport complete with aircraft simulators.

PTAP- Piedmont Triad Aerospace Park (thousands of acres in the central Triad for aerospace firms, space travel firms, advanced manufacturing, retail, residential, recreation and entertainment) a well planned urban like development as opposed to the office park feel of Research Triangle Park. The first steps have been taken at Piedmont Triad International Airport with Honda Aircraft Company and possibly Boom Supersonic.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-11-2021 at 10:19 AM..

Old 12-11-2021, 06:13 PM

223 posts, read 144,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Site Selection lists the Greensboro/High Point as an emerging aerospace hub.

"Several metros are emerging in the aerospace market including Greensboro-High Point NC MSA, home to Honda Aircraft Company producing the new HondaJet"

https://siteselection.com/issues/201...ufacturing.cfm

While there will eventually be limited land at the airport, there are surrounding properties nearby where aerospace companies may not require hangers or runways. I think High Point and Forsyth County/Winston-Salem can benefit from this as well and maybe this could be the industrial focus of the " Heart of the Triad" proposal that seems to have been put back burner. Imagine thousands of acres of land straddling Guilford/ Forsyth County Line being home to high paying aerospace companies with associated manufacturing combined with a smart growth planning for residential, retail and recreation. Similar to RTP in the Triangle but the focus would be in the aerospace sector and would be a better planned mixed-use development. This is where Triad leaders from Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem can come together and turn the region into a much bigger aerospace hub which would extend beyond Greensboro proper. In addition to manufacturing jets, airplane, jet engines, aviation components and things of the like, I'd like to see the region reach higher. Once we establish ourselves as a formidable aerospace region, I'd like to see the region seek partnerships with NASA and private space travel companies to manufacture portions of space technology. NASA could have a partnership with North Carolina A&T State University, the Triad's premier engineering school. Research could take place in Greensboro's future innovation district and the Innovation Quarter in Winston-Salem. If the Triad can get to that level, we will rival RTP in the Triangle in terms of the number of high paying jobs and having a world class image and there are so many different areas of aerospace technology the Triad can get into. Advanced computer/navigation technologies and much more. This could be the Triad's niche. We'll never become a banking hub like Charlotte or a biotechnology hub as big as RTP, but the seeds have been sowed for the region making its mark in the aerospace sector. But it will take leaders beyond the city limits of Greensboro to make it happen. North Carolina is First in Flight and we should be the hub of the aerospace industry.
I love your vision of what this area could be...

Old 12-12-2021, 08:49 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
This could very well be our ticket for this region to see explosive economic growth like in Charlotte and the Triangle.
That's extremely doubtful. Most likely it would result in an uptick in the population growth rate but not an acceleration into the ranks occupied by Charlotte and the Triangle.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:58 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That's extremely doubtful. Most likely it would result in an uptick in the population growth rate but not an acceleration into the ranks occupied by Charlotte and the Triangle.
While most people are simply excited to hear these job announcements for the simple fact that they will bring much needed good paying, stable jobs to the Triad and will improve the economics overall, this poster seems to only be focused on how Toyota and Boom can potentially lift Greensboro’s profile globally and being considered by the outside world as on the same level as Raleigh and Charlotte.

This is intuitively obvious from his many posts across multiple threads and different forums. The intrinsic benefits to the place he pretends to love so much is what’s important, not competing with other NC cities.

Last edited by uncchgrad; 12-13-2021 at 07:58 AM..

Old 12-13-2021, 10:09 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,390,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
While most people are simply excited to hear these job announcements for the simple fact that they will bring much needed good paying, stable jobs to the Triad and will improve the economics overall, this poster seems to only be focused on how Toyota and Boom can potentially lift Greensboro’s profile globally and being considered by the outside world as on the same level as Raleigh and Charlotte.

This is intuitively obvious from his many posts across multiple threads and different forums. The intrinsic benefits to the place he pretends to love so much is what’s important, not competing with other NC cities.
So basically, he is like you - only instead of Raleigh, he posts about Greensboro.

You live to follow GSOboi (and apparently multiple forums) and "bully" him nonstop. You always have some elitist attitude as if you forget, Raleigh North Carolina isn't some global mecca itself. It's really the way you treat this poster that is annoying. Without his contribution, we'd know less about Greensboro, what is happening, etc. He is a valuable contributor.

This supersonic Jet manufacturer could be a very big deal. We don't know enough details yet. But it has the backing of United Airlines and now North Carolina. I thought Boom was a joke and this was a PR stunt. Now it seems like there is more to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point