Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 02:09 PM

453 posts, read 646,280 times

Advertisements

After only being open for something like 8 months, The Chicken Chopper in Simpsonville is closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 02:20 PM

321 posts, read 406,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
After only being open for something like 8 months, The Chicken Chopper in Simpsonville is closed.
They were hardly ever open.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:02 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
If by"malls" you mean all brick & mortar retail stores, then I agree. And I'm not sure it's a good thing.
Politicians seem to be focused on trying to save fossil fuel and manufacturing jobs but the coming implosion of brick and mortar retail could potentially have a much bigger impact on the economy.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:19 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
All brick and mortar stores aren't going away. There will still be stores and malls just not as many and they will streamline, ship from store locations and add entertainment options to lure people in. The country is just overstored right now with too many retailers with the same stuff. I think it can be an exciting time for retail as the bad ones will go away and the stores and malls left will get better at what they do. You can already see many of the better malls adding entertainment and restaurant options. Its funny every time a store closes the media likes to say "internet is killing the mall". Stores and whole chains have come and gone for decades and long before the internet.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Olive Tree in Duncan closed as of June 24 per sign. Owners retired. Noticed sign as I drove on whatever road that's called.

Isn't there a place like/called that in GVL? Never been to either, was/is it Middle Eastern?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:50 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,624,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Olive Tree in Duncan closed as of June 24 per sign. Owners retired. Noticed sign as I drove on whatever road that's called.

Isn't there a place like/called that in GVL? Never been to either, was/is it Middle Eastern?
Aww man! I liked ordering from there occasionally. Italian food. There's another in Greenville but I've only drove past it, don't know if same owners or not.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Aww man! I liked ordering from there occasionally. Italian food. There's another in Greenville but I've only drove past it, don't know if same owners or not.
There is an Olive Tree in Mauldin on West Butler. Maybe not related IDK.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:50 PM

453 posts, read 646,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
There's an Olive Tree right off Pleasantburg as well. I think you're right about the Olive Tree in Mauldin being its own thing, though. It has "Pizza and Grill" in its name, and there aren't any other locations listed on its website.

Quote:
It's been a while, but I've been to the Olive Trees in Mauldin and Greenville, and they're both Greek/Italian as best as I can remember.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:01 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I've been there a few times and their prices are pretty high for what you get IMHO. They also charge an extra fee for using a credit or debit card, which is tacky, especially given that their prices are high to start with. Kind of your basic Italian / Greek fare that is available at a number of local restaurants.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:33 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Now that HHGregg has closed, it would be nice to see them put a MicroCenter there. Their nearest store is Duluth, Georgia near Atlanta. But they may decide to put something different rather than another electronics store. And it would also be great to see a Fry's Electronics, but their stores are much larger than the HHGregg space. But it would be a good fit for a MicroCenter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area