Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2020, 02:19 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
There is something special about that Ingles store though. It’s soo old and ugly that it’s almost nostalgic in a way.

Much more so when it had the Disco theming. And that's not the proper term, but I just like calling them "Disco Ingles"

Now, they still have, at least last time I was there, the disco style theme on the inside, but the outside has been replaced with a more generic vinyl look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 06:26 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Seriously.. if you haven't been to the Moonville store.. Simpsonville and Mauldin are light years ahead of that place.

CK could probably quote this, but I have to believe that Moonville store was built in the 70's.
Ingle's #29 had to open in the late 1970's or in the early 1980's. It is one of few stores built to have the first enclosed vestibule.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:01 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
Quote:
Yeah, you're right.. I forget about that one.. It's.. relatively new all things considered.

Seriously.. if you haven't been to the Moonville store.. Simpsonville and Mauldin are light years ahead of that place.

CK could probably quote this, but I have to believe that Moonville store was built in the 70's.

I just forgot to add that store to the list. It is even older but it does operate in an area with only one competitor. The stores in Mauldin and Simpsonville are overdue for remodels and operate in areas with a lot of competition that has much newer stores.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:22 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
It has been 17 years since Ingle's constructed and opened a store in Greenville County. (That store is Ingle's #208 in Greer.)

With supermarket competitors dissolving, constructing and opening new stores, and attempting to try the market again, Ingle's should be in a position to respond with new stores to survive.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:22 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I just forgot to add that store to the list. It is even older but it does operate in an area with only one competitor. The stores in Mauldin and Simpsonville are overdue for remodels and operate in areas with a lot of competition that has much newer stores.
I have always thought Ingle's favors stores in more rural or outlying areas with less competition. Probably a good strategy on their part. Sometimes you run upon an Ingles store in the mountains and seems like it's in the middle of nowhere.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:02 AM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I have always thought Ingle's favors stores in more rural or outlying areas with less competition. Probably a good strategy on their part. Sometimes you run upon an Ingles store in the mountains and seems like it's in the middle of nowhere.

In ways that's accurate.. They're the last man standing down in Abbeville. But.. They're certainly not exclusive to those areas.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:37 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Bon Secours Urgent Care for Haywood next to Starbucks.

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/h...road-location/

Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Much more so when it had the Disco theming. And that's not the proper term, but I just like calling them "Disco Ingles"

Now, they still have, at least last time I was there, the disco style theme on the inside, but the outside has been replaced with a more generic vinyl look.

They did a very minor remodel inside the store around a year ago. They painted some of the most dated colors with more neutral tones.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:23 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
I noticed all the fixtures were installed in the store and there were about 10 cars out in front of the new Ross in Easley.

I love Ross!

Old 08-18-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I noticed all the fixtures were installed in the store and there were about 10 cars out in front of the new Ross in Easley.

I love Ross!

The overall remodel of that shopping center should be a nice addition for the Easley area. I don't know how much I will shop there but I imagine some other members of the household will be glad to see all the stores open. I think Five Below is supposed to open in the next few days. I hate that the Groucho's got pushed out in the remodel of that center, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area