Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 01:29 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I have been looking at all of those towns. I like Greers downtown area, however, I have heard good things about Five Forks. Is Five Forks its own town or just a section of another town?
Five Forks is unincorporated area in Greenville county. Most of it has a Simpsonville mailing address but it’s not part of the city of Simpsonville. It’s a suburban area that still has a somewhat rural feeling to it in certain parts. At the center of Five Forks there are three grocery stores, a gym, a library and a smattering of restaurants, medical and dental offices. Lots sizes will be smaller for newer builds but generally get bigger the farther you go out. Five Forks is also close to all the big box shopping in Greenville.

Four elementary schools cover most of Five Forks and all are pretty well regarded. Multiple Middle and High School cover the area. Rudolph Gordon and Riverside are good for middle. Maudlin and riverside are good for high school. Though the riverside schools are a bit of a hike from Five Forks. Fountain Inn High is opening this year for rising freshman as well. You’ll need to do your homework on the schools in terms of programs offered. Also check the assignment on the GCS websites when looking at houses. Don’t trust the MLS listings some get it wrong. The school closest to the property may not be the one assigned to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 01:53 PM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Five Forks right now is just jammed with people, especially traffic. It's a nice area, just poorly planned out.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:49 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,431,988 times
Thanks! Thats very helpful. Five Forks seems very safe and a bit more rural which i like.
High Schools are MOST important to me since my younger child will be in a private school. Which High school in the area is the most highly regarded?

Old 08-11-2021, 04:33 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Thanks! Thats very helpful. Five Forks seems very safe and a bit more rural which i like.
High Schools are MOST important to me since my younger child will be in a private school. Which High school in the area is the most highly regarded?
Christ Church Episcopal: cces.org

For public, likely Eastside, Riverside and Mann.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:56 AM

35 posts, read 25,261 times
FiveForks is THE place.

Old 08-27-2022, 10:44 AM

13 posts, read 8,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Don’t overlook Spartanburg (I’m partial to Eastside). . . You might be pleasantly surprised. It’s “just right”. Smaller than Greenville, bigger than Greer.

The Downtown has revitalized nicely: festivals, music on the square, Fireworks etc. A nice variety of restaurants and independent shops (The mall is the pits, you’d need to go to Haywood)

There’s a wonderful library, a Cultural Center with the Little Theater, Symphony, art classes etc., a beautiful YMCA, nice country club/private swim-tennis club/neighborhood swimming pools. All the necessary box/chain stores: 2 Lowes, 2 Home Depot’s, Hobby Lobby, Academy Sports, Talbots, Chicos etc. Publix, Fresh Market, Aldi, Lidl.

Housing & taxes are cheaper and you’ll have beautiful choices in your price range. It’s more conservative than Greenville and churches/civic/charitable activities still play an important part in a lot of lives.

I-85 (to Atlanta and Charlotte), I-26 (to Asheville/mountains and Columbia/beaches) intersect for easy trips. Not far to GSP.

As long as you’re looking . . . Come spend a day!
I was recently down in Spartanburg visiting some local colleges like USC Upstate for my son, a rising senior here in WI. The city seems to be going through a renaissance with new companies moving in, like Oshkosh Corp. Looks like the Sparkle City has regained back some of its luster! Looking forward to relocating down South in the near future as well given my work is remote friendly also.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:59 AM

300 posts, read 254,799 times
We live on the east side of Spartanburg. You will love living in Spartanburg! If you need anything please let us know! There are a lot of new company’s moving here like Oshkosh. It is a very exciting time to live in Spartanburg!

Old 08-28-2022, 09:08 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Five Forks right now is just jammed with people, especially traffic. It's a nice area, just poorly planned out.
Five Forks too flat and cookie cutter for me. Much prefer the Furman and TR areas more hilly terrain with great views of and just a skip to the mountains.

Old 08-28-2022, 12:05 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Five Forks too flat and cookie cutter for me. Much prefer the Furman and TR areas more hilly terrain with great views of and just a skip to the mountains.
I tend to agree. There is everything you need in Five Forks but it is becoming really congested.

Old 01-28-2023, 07:28 PM

13 posts, read 8,548 times
Hello,
We are looking to return down South from our current home in Milwaukee, WI. We saw a new development called Amherst by SKS Builders near 101 South and Reidville Sharon Road. It is close to Sharon United Methodist Church.

Does anyone know if this is too close to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport that we would hear a lot of airplanes throughout the day? While we value its proximity for air travel, we don't need to be too close. Also, what is that area like? It seems to be close to Reidville, even though the brochure says it is in Greer, SC.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area