Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2023, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 7,297 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move close to the mountains in South Carolina. I have heard mixed reviews. We like:
~ a sense of community
~ intergenerational areas, where you see elderly and young
~ where Sundays are days people slow down, go to church and enjoy their families
~ we need some land, I have lived on farms and acreage most my life and we want to continue this lifestyle.

We are moving AWAY from Buncombe County and the area after living here for 25 years. It has changed dramatically. We lived in SC for a year and loved it 15 years ago. We're ready to go back!

Thank you for any suggestions or recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 04:55 AM

44 posts, read 41,505 times
I'm probably of no help but we just moved from DFW,TX to the western NC area 12/2022. We had always thought we would want the general WNC area and already knew that Asheville specifically was not for us. However, we were shocked at the housing---we have a very healthy housing budget but even within that range we found houses needing significant work, run down homes next door or across the street and generally just a bad investment.

We started looking in the Greenville area, found Travelers Rest and we are currently in contract to purchase a home. We love that we have great accessibility to the mountains, the bike trail and better healthcare. Best of luck with your search!

Old 03-29-2023, 09:35 AM
NDL

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapup View Post
We are looking to move close to the mountains in South Carolina. I have heard mixed reviews. We like:
~ a sense of community
~ intergenerational areas, where you see elderly and young
~ where Sundays are days people slow down, go to church and enjoy their families
~ we need some land, I have lived on farms and acreage most my life and we want to continue this lifestyle.

We are moving AWAY from Buncombe County and the area after living here for 25 years. It has changed dramatically. We lived in SC for a year and loved it 15 years ago. We're ready to go back!

Thank you for any suggestions or recommendations.
I am not being snarky in saying this, but *many* areas in the South have changed dramatically in the past 25 years; in other words, you're not going to go back in time relocating here.

But my suggestion would be in Pickens County, and if Anderson County is close enough to the mountains, I would include that as well.

Old 03-29-2023, 10:41 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times
I think any city in western SC would work. Greenville does have more transient people as larger cities do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area