Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Road Trippers

Group Created by Jaybee

For those fond of jumping in the car and driving for a day, week or month at a time; those who travel for the adventure-not just the destination. Join us and describe and discuss your previous or future trips.

View All Members Showing 10 of 80 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 6 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 32
  1. LuciaMomof6
    11-02-2011 01:47 PM - permalink
    LuciaMomof6
    I make it a pount to take an overnight road trip with 4 of my kids and hubby--every month
  2. bama travels
    10-08-2010 03:59 PM - permalink
    bama travels
    Hello, we are very new to the States, came from Europe.
    We are two female and currently we are staying in Chicago. We would like to take about one month (November) to drive our Honda Civic from Chicago to Vegas, LA, Monterrey, San Francisco and back. We have places to stay in California.
    Could you please advice us on the best and safest and cheapest way to go? We are not interested in sightseeing along the journey and also we are not profi drivers either.
    Thanks a lot for you help and advice!
  3. Roger47
    03-18-2009 01:47 PM - permalink
    Roger47
    hello- my wife (Joyce) and I (Roger) have been traveling to China since our son and new daughter-in-law moved back to her native beijing China where they are raising two of our grandchildren out of seven total. We live in Mesa Arizona now from cold Ohio after raising four kids ourselves. Last year My wife had the opertunity to travel to austraila, phillipines, singapore, honkong, and china. She has so many pictures.
  4. DBCC
    02-13-2009 02:34 PM - permalink
    DBCC
    I forgot to add that I have traveled extensively over the years, making a total of 97 countries, learning about cultures and the people. I have tried always to avoid the 5 star hotel scene (one every couple of weeks) and have tried to live in rented accommodation to try and make more contact with the locals and see how they think/live and deal with day-to-day situations.
    I have also motorcycled Europe, the entire USA and Canada, much of South America, and did a ride from Amsterdam to Cape Town in my younger days........
    If I can be of any assistance to anyone wanting to know about certain places, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Happy Traveling ;o)
    Dee
  5. DBCC
    02-13-2009 02:29 PM - permalink
    DBCC
    Hello, everyone, I'm new to this group and would like to share some pix taken in Africa and South America. If anyone would be interested in visiting them they are on my site for public viewing. Have a great Valentines Day and an even better weekend!
    Safe traveling!
    Dee
  6. RedshoesGreenlaces
    02-01-2009 04:14 PM - permalink
    RedshoesGreenlaces
    If I had the time and money, I would be on the road most every day of the month!!
  7. Tribal4me
    12-03-2008 09:10 AM - permalink
    Tribal4me
    Hi, Im 36 female from London. I'll be in Vegas from 9th to 13th Sept 09, then I want to road trip to Phoenix, Arizona.. where I'll catch my flight back home around 26th Sept (2 weeks to get there) !

If you wanna hang out in Vegas or want to join me for a road trip through some great landscape, please let me know. I have nothing planned except fun and adventure. I'm willing to share costs.

Thanks Pam

p.s. I'm also heading to Mardi Gras in New Orleans 2009 if you wana meet up ;0)
  8. Jaybee
    10-29-2008 11:03 PM - permalink
    Jaybee
    Hello fellow RTers.
    Thought I'd advise those who might be interested of another website that acters to travels. It's called "Virtual Tourist". It has a number of unique features taht facilitate lengthy descriptions and photos of individual places, but not so much "trips". Anyway, check it out, and Good Travelling!
    John
  9. MomNlovNit
    10-24-2008 08:34 AM - permalink
    MomNlovNit
    Hello again, DH just mentioned taking the whole family on a train from Denver to Boston so we can see John Adams house! The price seems reasonable...if we don't get the sleeper car. Hmmm, 2 days in a seat with 3 little kids. What do you all think. Should I go for it, or do you think it would make for an uncomfortable 40 hour ride only to arrive exhausted. I think I might have answered my own question.
  10. CherryMagic
    10-22-2008 06:10 PM - permalink
    CherryMagic
    Hello!
    I've been an avid road tripper for many many years! I have traveled through about 31 states.
    Most recent: August 29th-Sept 8, 08: TX-NM-CO-NE-IA-KS-OK-TX. 3200 miles.
    I am also a single parent, and my kidlet is very well seasoned to the open road too. Planning to "vagabond" it gypsy style in a few years. Great idea to have a forum like this! Thanks.