Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,630,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
S&W has absolutely nothing to do with GLOCK, please edit the thread title for accuracy. Intentionally misleading thread titles are against the TOS.
Well it is just like a car commercial. Some inferior brands can only try to claim any greatness by comparing or berating a superior brand. Just like a BMW, just like a Honda, etc,,. I hear it all the time on Mandolin forums where someone claims their $400 Kentucky plays as good as a 90 year old Loar signed Gibson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 04:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,598 times
Even this gal who never shot before did ok the first time out of the gate.

Vietnamese Asian Girl Shooting Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm - Uplula Magazine Speed Loader Ban Sung - YouTube

Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH1973 View Post
Since you're fond of Todd's site maybe try perusing his forum as well. This thread in particular. Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy

I'm done. Keep feeling the need to argue and posting garbage that's unrelated.
Did anyone else notice these links are hate it...love it... hate it...love it...hate it...love it? What's that tell me? Some guys don't know how to shoot! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...3Dimvns&itbs=1

Last edited by SamTM; 02-28-2012 at 04:37 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,716 times
I have an older model S&W 6906, 9mm. I LUV that weapon. hicap mag rapid fire, hydrashok ammo 25' range, shot group = less than 2½".

Unfortunately, I am not near as good with the 45, my shot group is quite a bit wider.

I luv that 6906.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I have an older model S&W 6906, 9mm. I LUV that weapon. hicap mag rapid fire, hydrashok ammo 25' range, shot group = less than 2½".

Unfortunately, I am not near as good with the 45, my shot group is quite a bit wider.

I luv that 6906.
I like the 5906 PD weapons and the 915 too. I own a Police trade in S&W 915 Sheriff's Department weapon. S&W is starting to get their LE business back that they lost years ago. Their revolvers had the market wrapped up for decades. Made in the USA for U.S. Law Enforcement. That's a good thing.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
Often contracts to produce wepons for government have nothig to do with who comes out of top performance wise. I can remmeber when FBI chose S&W. In testing the came out below SIG Sauer. But as part of the contract the weapon had to be produced in US. At the time SIG Sauer stated they had no interest in building a manufacture plant for such a limited order in US because they could not keepup with police orders as it was.Many factors other than performance often goes into contracts with govenrment.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Often contracts to produce wepons for government have nothig to do with who comes out of top performance wise. I can remmeber when FBI chose S&W. In testing the came out below SIG Sauer. But as part of the contract the weapon had to be produced in US. At the time SIG Sauer stated they had no interest in building a manufacture plant for such a limited order in US because they could not keepup with police orders as it was.Many factors other than performance often goes into contracts with govenrment.
The M&P has been in all kinds of torture tests and endurance tests along the way. It not only makes the grade, it holds it's own with others. I know what I've seen in my tests and evaluations. I own HKs, GLOCKs, Sig Sauers, Berettas, CZs etc..etc...I even own some high end 1911s. A Springfield Professional FBI HRT/SWAT and a Wilson CQB. The M&Ps I own can hold their own against any of them. That's saying a lot. It's just one more option for a combat handgun in my book. No one pays me to say things. I tell it like it is. If it doesn't stack up, I'm the first one to rip it. I only like quality firearms.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM

One other feature I really like is that the slide guide rails are completely replaceable on the M&P. This is done with a replacement locking block Locking Block S&W M&P M&P Compact 9mm Luger 357 Sig 40 S&W and sear housing block. Sear Housing Blockout Integral Lock Mag Safety S&W M&P M&P Compact 9mm Luger 357 Sig 40 S&W If you were to shoot the crap out of one, and by some chance wear them out... they are fully replaceable. Not only are they replaceable, they are dirt cheap. On a GLOCK they are part of the frame. They are thermo welded into it. Once you wear them out you are SOL and the frame is ruined and junk. By no means should my picky tastes bother you on the stock trigger. The stock one is decent once you get approx 500-1000 rounds through the weapon and break it in. I'm just very- very-very picky. Hey, if you can build a "race gun" for about an extra hundred bucks, what the hell, you know.

Last edited by SamTM; 02-29-2012 at 05:26 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,630,871 times
I keep checking this thread to see why it claims to be the new Glock. If it does not say Glock on the slide I will not believe it.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I keep checking this thread to see why it claims to be the new Glock. If it does not say Glock on the slide I will not believe it.
Not a new GLOCK per say. It is however a good alternative to 4th Gen mishaps and problems. You're like me, you only own 3rd Gen or older. That's what a GLOCK should be! I never paid much attention to the M&P until my PD adopted it in '07. I went out on the combat course to test and evaluate it with about thirty others. At the time, I liked it, but wasn't so sold on it just yet. It took several years to grow on me. They do share a lot of the same GREAT things as a GLOCK. Those are cheap replacement parts that are easy to get from numerous sources. They are also very easy to work on and you don't need to have years of training under your belt to work on one. You don't need a bunch of fancy tools to work on them. That is very similar to GLOCK. IMO, they are just as good. I'm not the only diehard GLOCK guy I know to own both either. That's where I got the idea from. Just because you own one doesn't mean you should dump your GLOCK. That's for sure. Maybe you might want a twin to it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting