Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,884,621 times

Advertisements

I enjoy shooting sports, mainly putting paper targets at 25, 50, 100, 200 yards away and shooting different loads of ammunition for the various weapons and calibers that I have to see which ones give me the best accuracy. I also shoot metalic silhouettes at 250, up to 600 yards away using my high-powered target rifles. I also load my own pistol, rifle and shotgun ammunition, and I am a life member of the NRA.

Any other gun enthusiasts here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 05:12 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,653,158 times
I love shooting targets with my BB gun but my parents would have forty fits if I bought a real gun. I think I'll wait until I move out for that.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:03 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,410,739 times
ugh yeah,any that I mention in this thread are for conversation topic only,I really don't own any,just a bbgun and have made it non fuctioning for safety purposes....really

What ya' wanna talk about dude,name it.My favorite range time firearm is a M1 Garand.Haven't been in a few months though,but as cooler weather sets in I 'll be sending 8 at a time down range with a nice "ping" after....

I have milsurp fever and there is no known cure.Ammo sure is getting high huh?,best deal going right now is CMP ammo....and I''ll be popin' off .22 more often.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
ugh yeah,any that I mention in this thread are for conversation topic only,I really don't own any,just a bbgun and have made it non fuctioning for safety purposes....really

What ya' wanna talk about dude,name it.My favorite range time firearm is a M1 Garand.Haven't been in a few months though,but as cooler weather sets in I 'll be sending 8 at a time down range with a nice "ping" after....

I have milsurp fever and there is no known cure.Ammo sure is getting high huh?,best deal going right now is CMP ammo....and I''ll be popin' off .22 more often.
I have a Springfield M1-A, which is the civilian version of the M14. Both the Garand and the M1-A/M14's actions are almost the same and they're very reliable. The only bad thing about my M1-A is .308 brass cases last only through 3 reloads and I'll have to chuck them. But that's okay, since the chamber is a little oversized to compensate for dirt building up inside the chamber in typical combat situations.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
I love shooting targets with my BB gun but my parents would have forty fits if I bought a real gun. I think I'll wait until I move out for that.
Doesn't England have real strict gun laws, where a citizen cannot even purchase a handgun?

How about long guns? (rifles/shotguns) Do they have some restrictions on them as well?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 PM

181 posts, read 1,077,216 times
I use to really be into guns when I was younger. I have a few Glocks, 45 ACP, .40 cal, and a 357 Sig. A Winchester defender, and a custom made 300 mag rifle. It's been awhile since I went shooting though.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:26 PM

592 posts, read 2,811,374 times
Guns and reloading are one of my passions, other than my wife of course, and she enjoys both as much if not more than I do. Personally I enjoy mostly handgun and small caliber for varmints. Define for yourself what defines varmint, personally I prefer the .223 simply due to the expense of buying components and shooting thousands of rounds. Geez...am I glad to see this post!!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,693,735 times
Guns are one of my many hobbies. Which means I only get to do it half-assed.
I'm more of a backyard shooter. I have 10 acres, and a mountain of dirt piled up from when my pond was dug. Shooting the length of the pond, I can do 150 yards. I usually just do handguns at 25 yards. My carry gun is a .40 P91 Ruger. My most accurate is a Ruger Security Six .357. That's a dead on revolver there. I really enjoy shooting it. A good friend of mine buys fully automatic 1919-A4s from the Government. He then converts them to semi-auto for resale. His arsenal is spectacular, and includes a couple of full auto .50 BMG's. He's generous enough to let me shoot them whenever we get together. That's saying a lot at 6 bucks a round. His goal in life is to collect 1000 silver bullets from the NRA.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,364,362 times
I'm not into shooting as much as i used to be, mostly due to public land being given to ranchers but i still enjoy it, i have quite a few rifles,shotguns and handguns, I do all my own reloading, my favorite rifle is a rem. 22-250, handgun would be my tompson Contender in 223. I bought a ruger ranch rifle and i've had trouble siteing it in, i changed the scope and i'm taking it out next week to try agian, I hope it was just the scope.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM

592 posts, read 2,811,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm not into shooting as much as i used to be, mostly due to public land being given to ranchers but i still enjoy it, i have quite a few rifles,shotguns and handguns, I do all my own reloading, my favorite rifle is a rem. 22-250, handgun would be my tompson Contender in 223. I bought a ruger ranch rifle and i've had trouble siteing it in, i changed the scope and i'm taking it out next week to try agian, I hope it was just the scope.
Ranch rifles are not popular for their accuracy, I've got three and can spray a three inch at a hundred yards. Good enough for me. I'm curious about public land given to ranchers....not that I would move to ca, but if the gov't is giving land to ranchers, I just may.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting