Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:44 PM

175 posts, read 315,201 times

Advertisements

Oh one more thought. Has anyone seen the price for a 20 pound bag of #7 shot? It is now $50 + dollars. I was buying those bags a couple years ago for $10-15. I picked up 5 pounds of 00 buck shot for $9.50 last year, it is now $30. Just to let you know what we are in store for. Remember jacketed bullets have lead cores.

Honestly I do not wear a tin foil hat but this makes one wonder. First, the politicization of tragedies that involved forearms, then the AWB, then importation bans of all kinds of firearms and parts, then some sort of false flag to trigger hoarding of ammo, now the closure of a major component provider crushed by regulations. The anti's can't take away the guns, but they can sure make it almost impossible for the common guy top afford the ammo. I believe it was Nancy Pelosi that said, something close to "Guns are protected by the constitution, but nowhere does it say anything about ammunition."

Makes one wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Here is a really good story, I think anyway....

American Rifleman - Why We've Had an Ammunition Shortage

Also remember, that when a contract is cut to from the government to a private company, that line of "whatever" cannot be the same line as a factory line that supports the public, such as Wal-Mart and things like that....

How do I know, I am a contractor that goes around and checks military (government) contracts, everything WILL be seperated, commercial and government.....

Old 12-17-2013, 02:34 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,251 times
Just heard private firearms sales are on the rise in Fla. Will top 1 million by end of the year. 22lr is still not easy to find. When I see it come in it is gong in an hour. 223 and 7.62x39 will sit on the shelf for a day or two, maybe a bit longer. 9mm same thing. I can't prove it but it seems that sales are a bit stronger after the last School shooting. This is the longest time I have ever seen this kind of frenzy. Last one was 08 election and it lasted about 7 months. I just ordered two of the BX25x2 mags for 39 delivered and two of the Pro mag 42 round for the ar. They are at the lowest rate since pre SH. I doubt it will get better than that.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:58 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,251 times
Walmart has not been getting much since the last run of 22lr. They have some of the Tula 7.62 and 223 but its slowly going down. Picked up a brick of Thunderbolt 22lr on line for 21.99 and free shipping no tax. One box limit but with free shipping who cares. I only got a box because others ordered several boxes and it pulls them out of stock and then the boxes over 1 gets kicked back into stock. I lucked into it. At that price you almost cant type fast enough. I have gotten half my ammo on line that way. I search all the data bases looking for it to come out. Its a pain but you can get some if your willing to work at it and be patient. I bet I miss 3 times what I get, but if you think of it like fishing, you cast how many times to get one hit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting