Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

What do you want that is not on the market?

In the way of guns, ammo, and gear

What molle gear do you want made for weapon systems that are not being made as of now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
I would like to see the Bren Ten come back, Vltor was supposed to be producing one, but nothing ever came of it.

I would like to see the H&K P7 series made in a 45 ACP

I would like to see the Browning High-Power made with a beaver tail. I love the Browning High-Power design, but it bights my hand

Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM
M45

405 posts, read 653,946 times
I wish Ruger would start making those vintage Walmart exclusive Mini 14s and 10/22s again and make them available to anyone. The stainless ones with green and gray laminated stocks with black slings and Ruger logo in red embroidered on it. I haven't seen any since the 1990s. It was a special model for Walmart. They bring a pretty penny if you can still find one.

I also would like to see some semi auto pistols and revolvers chambered in .17 HMR. A factory Ruger 10/22.....in .17 HMR would be cool too. Semi auto and in .17 HMR. The discontinued Taurus revolvers weren't that great....I never bought one and won't. Better quality makers need to step up to the plate. S&W, Ruger, Browning.......Colt etc...

Last, I wish GLOCK would quit screwing around with limited run 17Ls and 24s and make them part of their regular production line once again. Not only that....but offer them in their OD Green and Flat Dark Earth frames. They would sell like crazy! I'd buy one for sure.

I'd also like to see Sig Sauer start making and importing classic P-226, P-228 and P-220s of the original design and stamped steel slides from West Germany again. Any Sig fan knows these shoot better then the modern USA halfbreeds. It was like a Swiss watch....nothing but the best craftsmanship. The barrels were even stamped with a matching frame serial number back then. It was made for that EXACT pistol.....not a sloppy drop in fit with loose lock up. Fire that idiot formerly from Kimber running the show now too. Even Kimber got rid of him. He ruined your name and cheapened the product.....

Old 05-18-2016, 03:50 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
A nice hand held Phaser pistol would be nice!

Old 05-18-2016, 04:07 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
A nice hand held Phaser pistol would be nice!
+1 to the Phaser, that would be cool.

Since this is a 2 year old Zombie thread, and I posted in it then, the only thing that I can think of that I did not add back then would be the 44 AutoMag, but this time instead of having to make the ammo special; I would like to see the 44 AutoMag use standard 44 magnum ammo, rather than cutting down a .308 rifle casing.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:06 AM

242 posts, read 276,392 times
I wouldn't mind seeing an StG 44 in .308 caliber, an FG42 in similar would be great. The Johnson Battlerifle (American answer to the FG 42) would be great to see too. An EM-2 (bullpup .280 caliber rifle trialed in the 1950s) would be great as a truck gun.

3-Round burst fire to be de-regulated, the import restrictions on military surplus rifles to be lifted (yes some are allowed in at the moment but only if they have pre-requisites) and the full-auto registry reopened would be nice also. This would unlock a lot more firearms for the US market.

For sidearms a large shot-pistol with recoil absorbers in it would be cool. The Judge comes close to this, along with the Thunder 5. Mauser C96 in new-builds would be the icing on the cake.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:30 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
[color=black][font=Verdana]I would like to see the Bren Ten come back, Vltor was supposed to be producing one, but nothing ever came of it.
ahhhhh the old Sonny Crocket Miami Vice gun I think. That's like bringing back pastels.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:09 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
I'd like to see Lugers, particularly the Luger Carbine, back in production. To be realistic, even with CNC manufacturing, these would be quite expensive and probably it would be tough to make any money with them.

I'd like to see the LC Smith brought back, with an extra barrel set in 45-70. Double triggers and extractor only if you don't mind.

I wish Browning would bring back the Superposed.

I'd ask for pre-64 Model 70's, but you can get rifles now that are essentially that. They are not cheap, but, the good stuff is seldom cheap, the cheap stuff seldom good. While they are at it, how about let's resume production on Lyman #48 peep sights and Unertl scopes?

I'd like to see the Colt re-creation of the Sharps Borchart rifle back in production. I almost bought a NIB 30-06 one back in Atlanta around 1980. Sorry day that I didn't buy it.

Speaking of Colt, how about putting the Python back in production?

Like Churchill, obviously I am easily pleased by the very best!

Old 05-20-2016, 11:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What do you want that is not on the market?

In the way of guns, ammo, and gear

What molle gear do you want made for weapon systems that are not being made as of now?

none at all. all I am trying to do is to expand my ammo supply, stacking it high and deep. I do want more more replacement dies for the ammo I reload, plus a few more tons of powder and other components for reloading.
but finding poweder and the like has been pretty hard the last few years.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:11 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
I would like to see some good quality synthetic stocks-that don't cost a fortune-for the Marlin .45-70
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting