Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times

Advertisements

Just made a run to my nearest WM and they had almost nothing but 12ga. My local sports Authority had some 223 at 20 a box. But thats it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 01:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Is Wally World keeping the ammo in the cabinet back in sporting goods or up at customer service?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:39 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Is Wally World keeping the ammo in the cabinet back in sporting goods or up at customer service?
at mine it's in the locked cabinet in the sporting goods area; though to get someone there to help may or may not be any easier then standing in line at the front customer service section and waiting your turn there lol

Old 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
I recently bought a couple of boxes of 30.06. I had to ask for it to be unlocked from the cabinet. I have seen some 12 gauge out in the open as well as some other assorted. I honestly can't remember what...as I didn't need to buy any.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:44 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times
Very little getting to the shelves around here. 3 box limit and NO 2 boxes alike....

Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Ever think Walmart just stopped ordering a lot of it and are voluntarily cutting back sales?

I know, someone knows someone at Walmart and that isn't what they are doing. I mean, for sure they would tell you right?

Strange how you can walk into a lot of stores, buy it right off the shelf or simply offer the right price and get all you want but Walmart, the largest single retail outfit in the world can't get 22 ammo.

There is no shortage. There is a shortage of people willing to pay more money to buy it.

If California passes the law making lead bullets illegal, watch how much 22 ammo hit the market at the private sales level.

Remember the gasoline shortages back in the 70s? Some people always had gasoline and drove all over the place yet there was supposedly a shortage.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Ever think Walmart just stopped ordering a lot of it and are voluntarily cutting back sales?

I know, someone knows someone at Walmart and that isn't what they are doing. I mean, for sure they would tell you right?

Strange how you can walk into a lot of stores, buy it right off the shelf or simply offer the right price and get all you want but Walmart, the largest single retail outfit in the world can't get 22 ammo.

There is no shortage. There is a shortage of people willing to pay more money to buy it.

If California passes the law making lead bullets illegal, watch how much 22 ammo hit the market at the private sales level.

Remember the gasoline shortages back in the 70s? Some people always had gasoline and drove all over the place yet there was supposedly a shortage.
All I can say is that you can't find squat at my local Walmart but you can pick what ever you want up down the road at Academy.

Edited: I did some quick searching, Walmart Corparate spoke with Eric Holder and has since refused ammo orders. One more reason I refuse to shop with Walmart.

Last edited by SVTRay; 08-28-2013 at 12:15 AM..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:48 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
Walmart in Punta Gorda, Florida only has bird shot and 00 buck , no pistol ammo. No .22lr for over 6 months!!!!!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 PM

185 posts, read 405,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

That is VERY strange. I would think that Wal Mart's sheer purchasing power would ensure they could get all the ammo they wanted, in ANY caliber. It is also strange that I can go into 3 Wal Marts in fairly close proximity to each other, and only ONE of them (the smallest) seems to have any consistent supply of the most popular cartridges. NO uniformity across stores whatsoever!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:17 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie7597 View Post
That is VERY strange. I would think that Wal Mart's sheer purchasing power would ensure they could get all the ammo they wanted, in ANY caliber. It is also strange that I can go into 3 Wal Marts in fairly close proximity to each other, and only ONE of them (the smallest) seems to have any consistent supply of the most popular cartridges. NO uniformity across stores whatsoever!!!
i have to wonder if they feel it's even worth it right now. Lets face it, some ammo buyers the past 6+ months have been real idiots out in retail (speaking especially of .22lr buyers). Many WM's hunting sections are minimal in size, and they dont staff someone behind the 'counter' 24/7. So to watch lines start each am by the front door, or listen to customers argue about getting the last box, all to make a little profit selling a box of .22's? To be honest, if i was a dept manager i wouldnt go out of my way dealing with it until the dust settled; and heading up the chain they may be thinking the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting