Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:14 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,821 times

Advertisements

I'm a moderate but I'm also a gun owner (quickly moving towards being an assault rifle owner).

As far as legislation goes, I agree there really does need to be some effort made to keep the massacres away and keep guns out of the hands of people who should own them like the crazy kids or the paranoid schizophrenics.

In order for that to happen conservatives and the NRA lobbyists need to allow some legislation to move forward and not block every single gun related measure.

I think if we can keep guns out of the hands of criminals or crazies and stop all the gun related massacres, it would nullify any anti-gun sentiment. We as voters and gun owners need to give a little to keep our guns.

The first thing most conservative gun lovers will say since it's been perpetuated for so long is "they will come for your guns".

I'm sure many will say any regulations are a first step towards taking away our guns but if people are getting killed with firearms that can simply keep shooting without a reload, it means more people can be killed in a shorter time and until someone can come up with a way of eliminating that capability the effort to ban and regulate will continue.

I believe there will be a ban on mags or assault rifles the way the election appears to be trending so I'm going to be getting a few pmags soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I'm a moderate but I'm also a gun owner (quickly moving towards being an assault rifle owner).

As far as legislation goes, I agree there really does need to be some effort made to keep the massacres away and keep guns out of the hands of people who should own them like the crazy kids or the paranoid schizophrenics.

In order for that to happen conservatives and the NRA lobbyists need to allow some legislation to move forward and not block every single gun related measure.

I think if we can keep guns out of the hands of criminals or crazies and stop all the gun related massacres, it would nullify any anti-gun sentiment. We as voters and gun owners need to give a little to keep our guns.

The first thing most conservative gun lovers will say since it's been perpetuated for so long is "they will come for your guns".

I'm sure many will say any regulations are a first step towards taking away our guns but if people are getting killed with firearms that can simply keep shooting without a reload, it means more people can be killed in a shorter time and until someone can come up with a way of eliminating that capability the effort to ban and regulate will continue.

I believe there will be a ban on mags or assault rifles the way the election appears to be trending so I'm going to be getting a few pmags soon.
You're kind of making sense here. But IMO that is not what many gun owners hear when you say gun laws.

Just he other day at the local gun range I had a conversation was this nice fellow who was shooting his AR and his AK but then the conversation turned to when the govt. collapses he will be ready.

While I'm shooting at soda bottles and tin cans this guy is shooting at human silhouettes.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM

242 posts, read 276,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You're kind of making sense here. But IMO that is not what many gun owners hear when you say gun laws.

Just he other day at the local gun range I had a conversation was this nice fellow who was shooting his AR and his AK but then the conversation turned to when the govt. collapses he will be ready.

While I'm shooting at soda bottles and tin cans this guy is shooting at human silhouettes.
Wellllll, yeah that's what firearms ultimately come down to when TSHTF.

Also, most firing ranges have human targets, that way if you have a real-life attack against you, your training comes into effect.

Shooting at a pretty circle is nice too, but realism is realism.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:03 AM

643 posts, read 471,823 times
I still say buy mags now and guns if you have been waiting. I just checked today and you can still get Pmags 30 rounds for 10.95 each and AK 30 round European eastern mags steel for 12.95. Yes there are a lot of places that say out of stock but I ordered some to stack up. If skankles gets elected I bet you can double those prices.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:13 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-White-Baron View Post
Wellllll, yeah that's what firearms ultimately come down to when TSHTF.

Also, most firing ranges have human targets, that way if you have a real-life attack against you, your training comes into effect.

Shooting at a pretty circle is nice too, but realism is realism.
I shoot at human silhouettes when I am pistol shooting because that is why I have a pistol. I'm not worried about the SHTF. I'm more concerned about wackos today then I am about some end of the world scenario.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:29 PM

i picked up a 30 round pmag at cabelas today for my AR build. Then heard about the shooting in MD. Hope to get another mag soon.

my coworker bought 50 milspec mags and 24 pmags over the last 2 years 'just in case'

It was good to see .22LR on the shelves again.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:26 AM

643 posts, read 471,823 times
Quote:
i picked up a 30 round pmag at cabelas today for my AR build. Then heard about the shooting in MD. Hope to get another mag soon.

my coworker bought 50 milspec mags and 24 pmags over the last 2 years 'just in case'

It was good to see .22LR on the shelves again.
I also heard about the MD shooting, not knowing how bad it was I picked up 10 more Pmags still at 10.95 from Copes, and two AK and two of the Ruger made 25 1022 mags. If Skankles gets elected, I have no delusions that she will not wait till lame duck season to push her executive orders. The Republicans are also playing a dangerous game with the SCOTUS. Yes Obamas pick is not the best but it we lose in the fall and Hillary picks it will make Obamas pick look like Pee Wee vs Stalin.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:23 AM

I can't afford bx25s, I've been wanting a 2nd one but haven't prioritized it high enough for the moment.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:34 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Lightbulb Buy low, sell high

Quote:
The difficulty is that they way the laws are written, they serve to enable future bans and future confiscation. For example, it's possible to write a law implementing "Universal Background Checks" that doesn't serve to register either guns or gun owners, but that's never how the proposed changes are structured.

Quote:
Nah; first they'll register the guns and gun owners, then once they "know where they are", only then can they crack down further. Plenty of state laws show this exact progression.

Quote:
That's the type of logic that lead to a 7-round capacity limit.

Mass shootings are rare, and the few cases where a shooter used an extended capacity magazine, malfunction actually reduced the casualties.

Quote:
I can't afford bx25s, I've been wanting a 2nd one but haven't prioritized it high enough for the moment.
Buy two for $25, then after November you can find a sucker to buy one of them for $50, making the other free to you.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:50 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
I don't think there will be any ban on any gun that is used primarily for hunting or small-scale self-defense.

Permit me to point out that there was exactly this kind of irrational hysteria when Obama took office almost eight years ago, and you can see that little has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting