Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2024, 05:53 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Can you source this?

https://www.macrotrends.net/1476/cop...cal-chart-data

It's not like EV's snuck up on us suddenly this year. Seems like the last 17 years (since 2006ish) it's just bounced around 3-4 dollars.
Simple Google search. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-checkout=true

Can you refute that copper is in short supply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2024, 07:38 PM

78,330 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Simple Google search. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-checkout=true

Can you refute that copper is in short supply?
Sure I can. I read the article you linked.

It says that an expected surplus (lowering prices) didn't materialize.

Basically, I defer to the experts which are the world markets for copper prices.

I fully admit that they know wayyyyy better than me.

So, if their prices are not soaring, then what do you claim to know that they do not?

P.S.Given inflation I completely agree with you that things will cost more in the future in general.

Old 01-06-2024, 07:39 PM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Can you better describe the “scream match” where marksmen can’t even get on paper? Sounds interesting.

ok I like the first response you got to this, but the way the po po who set it up was thus....you cannot shoot until someone says shoot. a couple people are screaming at you, but do NOT say shoot and are off to your side, close, in both ears, swearing, screaming while YOU have to be yelling freeze, on the ground, drop, whatever. but you have to scream like you are on a 747 going down. After a minute or so, someone will issue the command word, draw and empty the clip.

Is this effective? when I was first shown this, one of the people in attendance was my bros best friend who had mustered out of the presidential guard (under bush and clinton) and was/is a qualification instructor in PA in harrisburg for corrections, psp, sherrifs act-whatever quals, I have SEEN him with a 1911 in both hands at 25 yards shoot this target that swings around side to side, left, right left right until both clips empty, never a miss. Lets assume the guys guarding the big guy are skilled. His first shot, no paper, second shot outer ring, then the trained pro zeroed in. We, aint that good.

Old 01-06-2024, 07:44 PM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times
Quote:
Can you source this?

https://www.macrotrends.net/1476/cop...cal-chart-data

It's not like EV's snuck up on us suddenly this year. Seems like the last 17 years (since 2006ish) it's just bounced around 3-4 dollars.

when those guys that hawk silver as the next goldrush start pushing copper...

Old 01-07-2024, 02:48 AM

8,923 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:

So, if their prices are not soaring, then what do you claim to know that they do not?

P.S.Given inflation I completely agree with you that things will cost more in the future in general.
In general, copper will rise. A surplus that "didn't materialize" is just gentle jargon for "we are a bit short, so plan on prices to rise."

But, price of copper isn't just tied to EV's.
I have used it for years to gauge global industrial and manufacturing.
Pretty much everything in the modern world uses copper, to some degree.

And the price of ammo isn't tied, just to copper.
Price of energy (which can be gauged by price of oil) has a lot to do with it.

It would be interesting to see some breakdowns the different component prices that go into ammo.
Like:
primer: $0.07
powder: $0.10
brass: $0.12
bullet: $0.04
misc: $.03
per round total: $0.36

Of course, those numbers are total fiction, and the real numbers will be all over the place, varying from round to round, state to state, will and even vary from one guy loading to the next. But some sort of typical table of cost breakdown would be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I am mostly an observer, but copper has been a traded (on paper) commodity for a long time, and it seems to beat inflation, but only by a little.

Physical Silver, on the other hand, seems to be a fair barometer of how nervous the preppers are.

Nobody in their right mind thinks any of these things is going to be another "gold rush."
The next "gold rush" will be something no one has noticed, in the past.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:48 PM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I think our "government" would change the classification of "digital" weapons to an NFA AOW and charge the 200-dollar tax stamp. You could stock up on physical ammo now and transition to digital later.....

Ammo is already digital. One properly placed round results in a Zero problem!

Old 01-09-2024, 06:26 AM

78,330 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
That's like claiming that the guy in the cheap track suit in a NY alley is an official representative of Rolex, with a deal for you....only 50 dollars.

The guys that move and shake the global copper price aren't putting ads on the old people channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting