Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times

Advertisements

I may have to abandon my efforts over on the now much less interesting threads! This one's "The Berries" as they used to say here in rural America about 50 years ago. FerFal's writings are, or should be, required reading though if we're ALL prepared, how are the "better prepared" going to win out over the rabble? We are, after all, due for a good cultural cleaning. The LA Riots? That was NUTHIN', folks, compared to what may well be coming. Is coming? Needs to come? I mean, come ON! how long could this vast greed-feed hyper consumerism stuff keep going? and yet the sheeple are bleating that Barama will "take care of it all! just watch him! (He's SOOoooo good looking and well spoken, isn't he, Oprah?")

Stop it, rifleman!

But: Imagine, for example, what life will be like for our teens when/if they can't successfully download the latest "metal" tunes by "The Putrid Sores" or the latest revolution-inducing tunes from that loving group "Killing The Old People"? Well, when they stop by my ranch.... do I need to say more?

I have some ideas about proper firearms selection and will post them FYI when I get back from a few days away from home. As a past firearms instructor and team shooter and now FFL gunsmith, I've come to some practical conclusions that may be valid. There is lots of good advice, and in the case of FerFal's ultra-useful and common sense diatribes, there's some spectacular stuff out there also. It just depends on whether you want to spend your money on a new ego-hyping GM auto product (don't... I used to work for them), or on a gen-set, storable food, and an appropriate firearms battery of the right stuff.

You DO want to be one of the ultimate self-sustaining surviors and progenitors of the next great new society, don't you?

Let's all truly enjoy the upcoming Thanksgiving, as it may be the last of the "head in the sand" holidays....

Peace and Love to ALL.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 07:08 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,746 times
Check out this awesome sight: corneredcat.com
Also thefiringline.com

Old 11-24-2008, 07:41 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,929 times
Just took a look at cornerdcat.com and put it in my favorites to check out more.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:31 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Wink "And on this side of the ring..."

Ahwww.. come on girls... we men can take care of it all for you. Then you'kin git back to the kitchen and makin' my favorite Cream of Mushroom noodle casserole, while me'n the boys watch a bit of NASCAR! Hey, BTW, where's them cold beers?

We love you, ladies! We know what you're "for", trust us. Haven't we ALWAYS taken care of y'all? You don't need no guns!

(god... now I'm gonna get it...)

Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,929 times
OK gals, so when & where is rifleman going to hold the bulls eye competition? Let's see how many in the 10 ring he can hit!

Cream of mushroom casserole & cold beers! Ha! Maybe that should be cold mushroom casserole and warm beer!

I'm only kidding! What would we do without each other!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:30 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Ahwww.. come on girls... we men can take care of it all for you. Then you'kin git back to the kitchen and makin' my favorite Cream of Mushroom noodle casserole, while me'n the boys watch a bit of NASCAR! Hey, BTW, where's them cold beers?

We love you, ladies! We know what you're "for", trust us. Haven't we ALWAYS taken care of y'all? You don't need no guns!

(god... now I'm gonna get it...)
Brave man indeed

Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
To the OP,

I'm hearing a lot of discourse regarding "doomsday" scenarios. I thought this was a question about home defense, but oh well. If you are preparing for the world of "The Postman" you want to get your hands on an M-14 and about 30,000 rounds of .308. You also want a high capacity .45 ACP handgun (I highly recommend the Glock 21) and as many rounds as you can get your hands on.

Since the end of the world is probably not nigh, the chances of you ever having a very close encounter with an intruder (such as would result in your antagonist grabbing the barrelll of your shotgun) are virtually nill and I suspect you just want a gun for peace of mind in the home, get a .12 gauge shotgun and a box of "single-ought buck."

Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
I think the most likely scenario for most homeowners is less like a movie shooting scene and more like loudly racking your shotgun while dialing 911.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:35 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
...You can load alternating chambers with .410, .45 and so on...
Love it! Give em a grab bag of whoop ass!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:40 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,064,697 times
About the only way to do this "wrong" would be to carefully consider your ideal "house" gun, go out and buy it, with a couple of boxes of ammo, then store it away, never shooting enough to get familiar.

You are no more "armed" because you buy a gun, than you are a "musician" because you buy a piano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting