Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum mike View Post
look at the entire administration and the individuals obama appointed, all of whom want to whittle away at the second amendment, most notably, attorney general eric holder, and batf appointee andrew traver. The reason obama hasn't been successful at banning guns is because of all the pro-second amendment organizations and the many individuals in congress, who are also pro-second amendment.

+1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 03:16 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
But you can read the minds of 100 million legal gun owners, simultaneously, and assert that not a single one of them ever intends to kill anybody, and so the intent of a legal gun owner should never be challenged. That is a wonderful feat.
Can you read the minds of the hundreds of MILLIONS of auto drivers simultaneously & assert than not one intends to commit a crime with a car? Drive drunk? etc, so that a legal drivers intent should never be challenged? That is a wonderful feat! Especially given that cars killmany times more innocent people than guns do. The world will be grateful once you start screening all drivers.

Quote:
Did I say "legal" gun owner? Wait. Every person physically present in the USA or under the jurisdiction of the USA is, by the Second Amendment, a legal gun owner and shall not have that right infringed. If a person carries a gun into the presence of the president, there is no legal constitutional authority to challenge his right to be there, fully armed.
For once you are right, 100% right. You & I have as much if not MORE right to go anyplace we are allowed to be armed than the police do. That should be a determining factor, IF ANY public servant can be in a place armed it should be a given that a free person can be as well.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Look at the entire administration and the individuals Obama appointed, all of whom want to whittle away at the Second Amendment, most notably, Attorney General Eric Holder, and BATF appointee Andrew Traver. The reason Obama hasn't been successful at banning guns is because of all the pro-Second Amendment organizations and the many individuals in Congress, who are also pro-Second Amendment.

>>>>Mind Reader<<<<<<<

Old 07-07-2011, 01:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
[quote=Daddys///M3;10723780]For future reference you should quote the post you are responding to, so that you can ensure some type of continuity of subject matter.

First point, racism and nationalism is on the rise in many European countries. I know this because I researched it. Taking a vacation to Paris isn't going to give you definitive insight unless you personally interview every person of color there, so let's not claim that because you have been to Europe a few times that you are the be all, end all authority on European race relations.

Second, the generational effect of slavery is absolute BS. Do you honestly expect me to believe that a black man doesn't have every opportunity that I as a white (to be fair I am mixed race, Asian and white) man have in our society? You know what is keeping the racial divide going? The self pity and entitlement attitude. That is the real modern day slavery. Why do anything for yourself? Why exhibit any type of personal responsibility? Why is it that black American's that get good grades, are well read, and don't speak with a heavy ebonics accent are shouted down as "too white" or Uncle Tom or sellout by their peers?The sooner black activists stop trying to blame all of black America's problems on the white man and start getting people of color to stand up and be responsible for their own destiny, the sooner that Dr. King's true dream can be realized (judged on content of character, not color of skin).

Since you are NOT a blackman and therefore will never understand what it is like I take your comments with a grain of salt. Incidentally I do not blame "the man" for all of the social woes in this country, but tell me who is in charge? Why has one group of people been so demonized throughout the history of this country? Honestly, since this is a fact why don't you think that it has a genearational affect? Other grouups have come to this country voluntarily and prospered by blending in, which is easy to do if you look closer to the group of people that are in charge. If you think that blacks in this country have a "fair shake" look at the boardrooms of the top fortune 500 companies and even in our nations capital and tell me what you see. For the record the majority of people that you claim that are looking for "handouts" are not black.

Lastly, yes the countries I mentioned were heavily involved in the slave trade. Are you insinuating that the Dutch, Portugese, English, and French did not have colonies in the new world? Are you seriously insinuating that these colonies did not use slave labor?

I was referring to the brutality and the affects that lasted through the generations of people of color

Here is an interesting piece of info I found. Doesn't have much to do with the subject at hand, but I do find the differences of attitude that modern day blacks and blacks had in the 19th century to be quite telling.

....Which has been altered alot by the media which is controlled by?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
On the other hand, don't expect to hear a speech by (then) Vice President Cheney and bring your firearm. Sorry, not allowed.

24 Disarm To Hear Cheney - Orlando Sentinel

Funny -- under Obama it is now legal to carry a concealed weapon in a National Park (federally owned and administered) by someone who can legally carry a concealed weapon in that state where the park is located.
Obama chided for allowing guns in national parks, wildlife refuges | NOLA.com

"But Obama wants to ban all guns!"

Funny -- candidate and President George W. Bush repeatedly asserted that he wanted the assault weapons ban renewed and would sign such a renewal.
Surprise: Bush Bucks NRA Backs Assault Weapons Ban
BBC NEWS | Americas | Bush supports anti-gun move

"Bush is totally pro-gun!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting