Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,905,128 times

Advertisements

Its not uncommon to get lightheaded in the shower but nauseous doesn't sound right unless you had a reaction to one of your products.

When I use a fragrant conditioner and leave it in for a few minutes the shower always ends with me sneezing uncontrollably, eyes watering profusely, and general discomfort. Its too bad the products that work best for me happen to have heavy fragrances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 12:19 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,955 times
This happens to me as well. I have long and thick hair so washing and conditioning is a bit time consuming for me and my arms begin to hurt and I start to feel weak. I know its because of my blood sugar dropping low so I try not to shower on a empty stomach and drink water as soon as I get out to make sure I'm not dehydrated.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,127 times
I'm 20 years old. I'm not on any kind of birth control or medication and I'm having the same problem. It's not when I'm washing my hair in particular though. I pretty much always feel a little nauseous while showering but there are about 10 incidents in the past 2 years that it took to a whole other level,like yesterday. I was in the shower and I just start feeling really sick. I literally have to get out because the dizziness is unbearable. I know now from past experiences that this causes me to pass out so I just automatically have to lay on the floor and sometimes I even throw up. I always leave the bathroom door wide open and the shower curtain half open which causes a huge mess. No doctor knows what it could be.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexd View Post
I'm 20 years old. I'm not on any kind of birth control or medication and I'm having the same problem. It's not when I'm washing my hair in particular though. I pretty much always feel a little nauseous while showering but there are about 10 incidents in the past 2 years that it took to a whole other level,like yesterday. I was in the shower and I just start feeling really sick. I literally have to get out because the dizziness is unbearable. I know now from past experiences that this causes me to pass out so I just automatically have to lay on the floor and sometimes I even throw up. I always leave the bathroom door wide open and the shower curtain half open which causes a huge mess. No doctor knows what it could be.
shower with cold water!!!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,911,959 times
only when i'm pregnant

Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Vertigo.
My guess too especially if she closes her eyes

Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
I get dizzy in the shower if I don't eat first.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,462 times
i get this often when washing my hair, i have started washing my hair down stairs now in my kitchen sink, as i get very light headed n nausea and then go rather pale, i am not anemia my sugar levels are fine so the nurse keeps saying, it can be frightening so i hurry when i wash my hair and i try not to put my arms up too high, sometimes when i am doing chores after about 15 to 20 mins, i feel as though i want to be sick i come out in a sweat and shaky, i keep telling my dr and they put it down to panic ever time, .it is not panic at all, i can be singing along enjoying chores or gardening a little, then it comes on unexpected, i have to go sit down until it wears off, i am still baffled what is wrong with me, .. i am 66 female...

Old 06-05-2015, 01:38 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,551 times
Have you been checked for vertigo?

Certain types of ear infections or a head injury(even an old one) can cause that.

I received a really bad concussion in 2006, when I was 59. I still have vertigo issues.

Even though the lightheadedness/blackouts are minor these days, I still have to wash my hair before I go the beauty shop for a hair cut. In my case, I can lean forward but can't look up or tilt my head back

Old 07-17-2022, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
I'm very curious if other people who experience this have noticed it happens when you have your arms raised and turn your head?

I can do this very curious thing where if I raise my arm and turn my head a certain way, I can cause my vision to completely black out. It phases back in slowly after 30 seconds or so and I'll see a lot of tiny colored pixel dots for another 30 seconds or so. I often feel dizzy and nauseous during this time.

I've mentioned it to many doctors and they all look at me like I'm nutso. I've had tests done to make sure there's no nerve or blood vessel getting pinched off. The best advice my doctors have for me is just not to lift my arms and turn my head
That is exactly!!! What happened to me!! And doctors thought I was nuts they still haven’t figured out what is wrong with me but yeah I’m also doing only precautions now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care