Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,307 times

Advertisements

I have really frizzy, thick hair that I cannot seem to tame. Does anyone have suggestions for hair care products for my type of hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,537,861 times
do a brazilian blow out. You can buy the product on ebay for 1.5 oz. this is all you need and do it yourself. I just did mine myself with over processed damaged colored and fried hair and it looks great. I can believe the difference and how easy it is. They have you tube videos on how to do it, but you can pm me if you need help or have questions. It almost makes me pissed off that my salon knowing how fried my hair is never recommended this!! I just cant believe the difference! It wont wreck your hair and its truely a miracle! Just a suggestion.

There is a product now with zero formadahyde safer they say.

You could also try hair one at sallys thats a nice products. I am sure you will get plenty of suggestions. Good luck

Last edited by stevemorse; 12-19-2012 at 06:45 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,977,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowTaffy View Post
I have really frizzy, thick hair that I cannot seem to tame. Does anyone have suggestions for hair care products for my type of hair?
In general dry frizzy hair is caused by damaged hair and moisturizing the hair is the way to go. How to fix it probably depends on what you are doing to your hair as of now. What is your daily routine like? How long is your hair? When was the last time you had it cut? Is it curly, wavy, straight?

Without any info I'd suggest a sulfate-free shampoo, avoiding too much blow drying or straightening and moisturizing with coconut oil. How to Use Coconut Oil to Moisturize Hair | eHow.com

Old 12-20-2012, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 5,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
In general dry frizzy hair is caused by damaged hair and moisturizing the hair is the way to go. How to fix it probably depends on what you are doing to your hair as of now. What is your daily routine like? How long is your hair? When was the last time you had it cut? Is it curly, wavy, straight?

Without any info I'd suggest a sulfate-free shampoo, avoiding too much blow drying or straightening and moisturizing with coconut oil. How to Use Coconut Oil to Moisturize Hair | eHow.com
I don't do much to my hair cause I'm always late for school in the morning. I just brush it out.

My hair is medium length, just past my shoulders. It's wavy. I cut around 6 months ago.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM

48,580 posts, read 34,973,721 times
I second the Brazilian Blowout. My hair is long and I live in a high humidity area, and it helps a lot.

I never thought about buying it on ebay - it costs $300 here, so I will definitely check it out.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,689,273 times
You can also try this product which can be found at most drugstores: Amazon.com: Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy 30 Day Smoothing Treatment, 3.3 Ounce: Beauty

It isn't as good as the a BKT from a salon, but it isn't bad. I am african american, I use this when I can't get to the salon for a proper treatment. It only lasts for about 2 weeks on my super kinky hair, but that is enough to tide me over.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I second the Brazilian Blowout. My hair is long and I live in a high humidity area, and it helps a lot.

I never thought about buying it on ebay - it costs $300 here, so I will definitely check it out.
yes I buy the 1.5 oz. on ebay for 35 to 40 dollars and its actually two treatments for me. I use the clarifing shampoo wash three times. Put stuff in, blow dry and flat iron and its perfect. Just like the salon!! Good luck Marilyn

Old 12-25-2012, 12:55 AM

what every you do do not use Garnier Blow dry profector. Its a harsh chemical and will wreck your hair. Read the reviews on amazon. I used this thinking it was like the brazilian blowout and what a mistake. Took over 1 1/2 years to fix the damage!!!!!

Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,277,628 times
I'm a guy and I have thick frizzy hair. Can't stand this crap.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I'm a guy and I have thick frizzy hair. Can't stand this crap.
well shave it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care